We have a fantastic opportunity for a small animal vet to come and join our experienced, enthusiastic, and vibrant team at Craigleith Vets4Pets, Edinburgh.
- Salary £38-50K
- Experienced team with a variety of clinical interests
- Opportunity for clinical progression
- Protected admin time, 30 min consults, weekly clinical meetings, and paid overtime
As one of our lovely vets is relocating to England, we have an excellent opportunity for a small animal vet to join us! We are a hard-working and supportive team made up of 2 vets (one with a certificate in ECC), head nurse, practice manager, 1 RVN, 1 VCA, 1 client care manager and 2 client care advisors. Our Partner and Lead Vet, Emma Gatenby, qualified at the University of Edinburgh in 2013 and has a special interest in dermatology and internal medicine.
We have built a loyal client base since opening and being based inside a busy Pets at Home store gives excellent case exposure for someone looking to complete a certificate or wanting to progress clinically.
The ideal vet to join us will be motivated and proactive, with solid medical and surgical skills. There will be sole charge so you should also feel comfortable with this. Key to your success will be your ability to embrace all aspects of the role, delivering excellent patient and client care. You should enjoy working within a team and have strong communication and interpersonal skills. An interest in imaging and/or soft tissue surgery is advantageous, but not essential. A very competitive salary would be offered to a soft tissue certificate holder.
We would love to find a full-time vet but will consider two 20-hour positions.
Our normal working week is 4 weekdays 9am-7pm with 1 in 3 weekends (9am to 5pm Sat and 10am to 5pm Sun) with time off in lieu. No OOHs or on call. We offer flexibility if you prefer to work more weekends and less weekdays or if you prefer to work shorter days over 5 days. We would also be interested in talking to vets looking for a maternity cover position.
Our practice is based just a short walk from a bus serving Edinburgh city centre providing excellent transport links and easy access to our beautiful city.
By joining us you will be part of a dynamic team dedicated to providing superb standards of client and animal care. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including:
• Salary of £38,000 to £50,000 (depending on experience, cert holders negotiable)
• 1 hour fully paid lunch break every day
• Regular catch up and paperwork breaks
• Weekly clinical meetings to discuss cases, support from other vets via phone on sole charge weekends if required
• Very limited overtime (99% of the time leave at 7pm) but any overtime funded.
• Contributory pension scheme
• Generous CPD allowance, certificates funded
• Paid memberships including RCVS
• 30 minute consult slots, last appointment 6.15pm to allow time for notes
• Career progression and surgical development opportunities
• Increased holiday allowance after 2 years of continuous service
• Exclusive company discounts and rewards including 20% off at Vets4Pets, Pets at Home and the Groom Room
If you would like to apply, or hear more about this fantastic opportunity click the apply now button.