Here at Kernow Vet Group we are looking for an Equine Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. You will be carrying out first opinion equine work and developing the practice.
The rota will include working full time from 8:30am-6:30pm over 4 days per week but we are flexible. There will be 1 in 6 nights and weekends involved and part time applications will be considered. Lunch is diarized and admin time scheduled as needed.
The salary will be up to £60,000 depending on experience.
We are well equipped with all battery-operated digital DR X-ray, ultrasound, gastroscope and battery dental machines, an in-house lab, knock down box, and the ability to use our neighboring IVC practice's facilities including operating and hospitalization facilities.
The practice is based in the enviable position of Mid-Cornwall giving great access to North and South coasts, moors, and woods.
We have a team of 5 FTE Equine Vets supported by our Animal Care Assistants and Admin Team. Our team has described our practice as follows:
"Warm, welcoming, within days of starting you feel part of the team."
"Supportive and encouraging."
"It's about the team we have - friendly, supportive and a social team which is an added bonus."
"Amazing colleagues. Cakes and pasties. Stunning countryside and coast. A diverse workload. Room for you to develop your own areas on interest."
"Opportunities. Variety. Sociable."
We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon with some experience and a positive attitude who is willing to work under their own initiative as well as part of a friendly, supportive and sociable team. As you are aware no two days will be the same and despite the best-planned diary sometimes things don't run to plan. We expect a little understanding, flexibility, and to give and take in these scenarios. Any extra time at work is given as TOIL.
Benefits Veterinary Surgeon
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1750 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
- Relocation allowance up to £5,000
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH6400 when applying for this role.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.