Roundhouse Hospital is a friendly and progressive primary care and referral Practice based on Glasgow’s Southside with great access by car, local rail/bus transport links and on-site undercover bicycle storage – getting to us is easy!
We work as both a first opinion and referral site and we are proud to provide first-class treatment to our clients and patients (recently awarded Gold ISFM Cat-Friendly status) via the most amazing team of receptionists, vets, and Patient Care Assistants and Registered Veterinary Nurses (RVN) around.
We are committed to individual career advancement and can support both clinical and leadership development and we have free access to the accredited Linnaeus CPD programme and training materials.
Our excellent night team provide outstanding care to our surgical and medical in-patients overnight. We have an Out-of-Hours service provider from 10 pm on weekdays and 6 pm at weekends, so there is time to focus on the gold standard nursing care you have always wanted to do.
Your role and responsibilities
This is an exciting opportunity to progress your nursing career into a leadership role whilst retaining and utilising your nursing skills. The ideal candidate will be organised, considerate, motivated and be qualified for a minimum of 2 years.
Hours: 9 pm-8 am, 4 on 4 off shift pattern
- Evenings - Liaising with our ward vet and RVN to create overnight nursing plans
- Mornings – provide a comprehensive handover to the day team
- Ensure the highest level of care of in-patients is implemented by all members of the night team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with Lead Ward RVN to ensure clinical protocols for your areas are regularly reviewed, amended, and implemented by all clinical team members
- Work with the Head Nurse to ensure the effective line management of your team of RVNs and Patient Care Assistants
- Work with the Head Nurse to ensure that all new night nurses/PCAs entering the business are supported to complete their induction
- Work enthusiastically with your team to help maintain a happy, efficient working environment.
- Attend and assist in the monthly nurse meetings to ensure ward, night, surgical and rotational teams are working together effectively and efficiently.
- Provide clear, consistent, and professional leadership and act as a mentor for all staff by demonstrating professional awareness.
- *£2000 Welcome Bonus. 50% payable in the month you start and 50% on completion of probation
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + Birthday Leave
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- External CPD funded
- Extensive free online Linnaeus CPD programmes
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Enhanced equal family leave
- Wellness program including:
- Employee assistance programme
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Free annual Flu jab
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Recruitment referral reward scheme.
Salary: £28,840 plus 10% shift allowance as shown above and £2000 welcome bonus
At Linnaeus, we are committed to supporting the physical and mental health of all our Associates. We have an amazing team of Mental Health First Aiders (MHFA) across our practices and central support office in addition to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme which is available for everyone.
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 veterinary health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.