Roving Veterinary Surgeon required at Avonvale Veterinary Centres in Warwick, Warwickshire.
Are you an experienced Veterinary Surgeon looking for a great work life balance?
Would you like to be part of a progressive and supportive team?
Hours and package
- Full-time role, however, part-time applications are considered
- 4 days, however, there is flexibility to make it work for you
- 1 in 17 rota of the following
- 1 week of nights per year
- 1 x full weekend (08:30-18:30)
- 2 x Saturday mornings (08:30-13:00)
- Salary up to £55,000 dependant on experience
We are looking for a roving vet to join our team! This role will predominantly be between two of our sites to ensure continuity and will be overseen by our lead vet. This role gives you all of the permanent perks, however, gives you the chance to work across a number of sites learning from different clinicians, all within the same group!
We have 7 RCVS accredited surgeries and hospital with digital radiography, video endoscopy, CT, ultrasound and in-house labs. We offer great support from certificate holders in surgery, medicine, diagnostic imaging and associates working towards ophthalmology and feline medicine. As well as a progressive Vet team, we also have 24-hour on-site nursing support at our hospital.
With monthly M&M meetings and 6 monthly Vet meeting allow the team to work collaboratively to ensure we deliver the best care possible. We are also happy to support certificate study if desired.
Based in the sought-after area of Warwickshire - with some of the top schools in the UK – you have the best on both worlds with the Warwickshire countryside and historic castles with the City of Birmingham only 30 minutes’ drive and London a direct train away. We are a very close-knit team and have both a summer social and Christmas party each year – covid permitting.
- Competitive salary package up to £55,000
- Welcome bonus or relocation allowance available
- Enhanced Equal Family Leave
- Company sick pay
- Health insurance
- Extensive staff discount
- 5 weeks annual leave plus your birthday off!
- RCVS/VDS membership fully funded
- CPD and certificate ambitions encouraged and supported with enhanced CPD funding
- Linnaeus Wellness Programme
- Mental Health First Aider onsite
- Staff Discount on pet care
- Eye care & cycle to work scheme
- Gym Membership Discount
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 Veterinary Health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team. Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.