Brentknoll Veterinary centre is a busy 24-hour first opinion small animal hospital, RCVS accredited, with CT and hydrotherapy Pool. Our practice has been caring for pets for over 29 years and we pride ourselves on providing the very best care and service for our pets and their owners.
Minutes from the M5 and the motorway network, with scenic views of the Malvern Hills. Close to Worcester City Centre, with its flourishing arts, music, sports and cultural scene, superb for shopping with a suite of popular restaurants, but yet still close to the fabulous Worcestershire countryside and the ever-popular Malvern Hills, Brentknoll benefits from an ideal location.
Our wonderful Team is at the heart of Brentknoll – we are one big family! We enjoy being part of our communities and raising money each year for our chosen charity and encourage team members to take part.
We are committed to staff wellbeing and have trained mental health first aiders in the business to support all staff.
We also have the support of our Chief Nursing officer who represents nurses at Linnaeus Executive level and her team to provide training, CPD, sharing best practice and promoting nurses in general.
Your role and responsibilities
You will work on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays doing 8 hour shifts between 7.45am-7:30pm, as well as contributing to the weekend rota. There are no OOH as this is covered by our Night team. Being a 24 -hour centre means we provide high levels of care, which continues throughout the night so you can feel confident that in-patients are receiving the highest quality care and monitoring.
The successful candidate will be able to
- Confidently handle and restrain animals
- Provide nursing care to hospitalised patients,
- Administer treatments
- Perform diagnostic tests
- Monitor anaesthetics
- Assist veterinary surgeons with operations
- Maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the practice
- Nurse Clinics
- Support Student Veterinary Nurses and Patient Care Assistants
- Competitive Salary dependent upon experience
- 33 days holiday allowance inclusive of bank holidays
- Birthday day off
- Paid professional membership fees
- CPD allowance
- Training, support, progression, and opportunities to do additional training
- All new equipment within the practice including digital x-ray, dental x-ray, endoscopy, in house lab, anaesthesia monitoring and assessment equipment etc.
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- Employee assistance programme
- Extensive learning and development programmes
- Progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Discounts with PetPlan
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Enhanced sickness policy
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Eyecare vouchers
- Recruitment reward scheme
- Gym membership discount
- Flu vaccine voucher
- Mental health officers provided
- Buddy system- to go to for support and guidance.
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 Veterinary Health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team. Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.