An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced veterinary surgeon to join our talented team at Swanbridge Veterinary Group, a tier 3 RCVS accredited hospital.
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate to have a certificate in diagnostic imaging or surgery and be looking to develop their clinical skills, client base, and reputation in our busy first opinion practice. However funded certificate opportunities are available for candidates with special interests.
You will be confident working in sole charge with the ability to make a sound clinical judgement, however, you will have the support of 7 other practices in the region. In return, we will provide an excellent career progression and work-life balance, fantastic packages, and the chance to be involved in cases using state-of-the-art technology. We provide all of this whilst you continue to develop your career and get the most job satisfaction.
This is a permanent, full-time role working 4 days a week and 1:6 weekends. Part-time applications will also be considered.
Salary package up to £67,500 PA including:
- - Accommodation allowance
- - Company vehicle or vehicle allowance
- - CPD allowance
- - RCVS, VDS, and BVA fees paid
- - Relocation package of up to £2000
- - 3 days of paid CPD to leave per year
- - 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays per annum
- - 4-day week plus 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekend
- - Pension scheme
- - Paid sabbatical after five years’ service
- - Funded Certificate opportunities
- - Annual pay reviews
- - Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance
- - Colleague purchase scheme
- - Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- - Hapibenefits – Receive a range of discounts on your shopping, entertainment, and meals out
- - 24-hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years' UK small animal practice (or UK equivalent) experience. You must have a client-oriented approach and excellent communication skills, work to a very high standard both medically and surgically and have the drive and ambition to help develop this practice further.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
Skills and experience:
- - You must be a Veterinary Surgeon who is registered with the RCVS
- - Ideally, you will have 3-5 years' UK (or equivalent) veterinary experience and a keen interest in surgery or diagnostic imaging
The Swanbridge group has a busy 3 Tier Hospital complete with seven branch surgeries. We have an extremely loyal client base and we are active in the local community.
This role is based at the main hospital working alongside our certificate holders in Surgery, Diagnostic Imaging, and Exotic Species and our other experienced vets, nurses, and managers. We take pride in our collaborative approach and one-team culture. You will be working within beautiful, well-equipped practices and have access to modern facilities including digital X-ray, Doppler ultrasound, hydrotherapy suite, endoscopy, and a CT diagnostic suite at our Hospital.