Sussex Coast Vets, set in a beautiful location on the Southeast Coast, are looking for a Clinical Director to join the team. As a Clinical Director your responsibilities offer flexibility between clinical and managerial tasks depending on the needs at the time. The working days will be varied but include leading the team to deliver a gold standard of patient care, whilst being supported by the fantastic team including a Practice Manager and Head Nurse. If you enjoy change management and driving a practice successfully then this role would be the appropriate next step for you.
The rota will include working 40 hours per week over 5 days. Weekend cover may be needed.
The salary for the role is up to £70,000 per annum depending on experience.
Sussex Coast Vets is a well-established 24-hour practice in Bexhill-on-Sea and a part of a group of five branches serving the Hastings and Bexhill area. We provide out-of-hours emergency care to several practices in the area. Recently refurbished, the clinic is equipped with a full range of diagnostic laboratory equipment, digital x-ray, Doppler ultrasound, endoscopy, and excellent facilities.
East Sussex is an area steeped in history, with beautiful countryside, stunning coastlines, and an abundance of choice within the art, sports, and leisure scenes, with something to suit everyone! We also have the convenience of great links to Brighton, London, and Gatwick airport.
About the Team and Culture
Here at Sussex Coast Vets, we are seeking new team members who have an innovative attitude and want to be a part of an exciting time of team growth and maintaining our reputable service. We have a team of 25 to 35 talented people across the group, from Veterinary Surgeons, to Registered and Trainee Student Nurses, as well as our Receptionist and Support team function, which complete the team at Sussex Coast Vets.
We welcome vets with a range of experience to Sussex Coast, including those with interests in orthopaedics, exotics, ultrasonography, and emergency care. We have embedded a supportive culture at Sussex Coast, allowing for investment in our employee’s skill sets and specific interests through further study, clinical case exposure, and training.
Our ideal candidate would be enthusiastic and able to perform the duties of a practicing Vet working to high clinical standards. They will lead by example and be an excellent communicator, ensuring smooth working relationships between internal teams. A positive can-do attitude and a good level of resilience are required for this role.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave (5.6 weeks if part time)
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,200 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH5800 when applying for this role.
To submit your application click the apply button.