Atherton Veterinary Centre is looking for an associate Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. We are a busy general practice so you will get lots of experience in a very supportive practice where case continuity is strongly encouraged. The consulting and surgery rotas are shared equally.
Here at Atherton Veterinary Centre, we are dedicated to our staff, and we understand the importance of a work life balance. We would like to offer the right candidate a 4-day working week on a full-time basis, with Saturday mornings until 12:30pm being a 1 in 5 basis, there will be no Sunday required and no out-of-hours or bank holidays. As a practice we are also open to part time applicants and can be flexible to suit yours and the practices needs.
The salary will be up to £50,000 depending on experience.
Atherton Veterinary Centre is a long-established general small animal practice. The practice is located very close to excellent motorway links to the lakes, dales, and coast. The bright lights of Manchester are 20 minutes away.
Our practice is fully equipped with 4 consultation rooms, 2 theatres, an imaging room, a laboratory, a large prep room, separate dog, cat, and isolation wards.
Currently, our team consists of 6 Veterinary Surgeons, 9 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 4 Support Staff, and Student Nurses.
We are looking for a qualified Veterinary Surgeon ideally with experience but there is excellent support for a less experienced Vet.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH5331 when applying for this role.
To submit your application click the apply button.