This is a fantastic opportunity to work in our Watford 24-Hour hospital alongside a team of highly skilled certificate holders who believe in going the extra mile, every day, for every patient and client.
Our team of nine vets include certificate holders in Medicine, Surgery, Imaging and Emergency Medicine. Supporting them is a team of dedicated and extremely experienced nurses, many of whom also boast advanced qualifications.
With dedicated night teams, your patients have seamless care around the clock. The hospital provides imaging services (CT and ultrasound) as well as extensive soft tissue, orthopaedic and spinal surgery to our region of twenty clinics.
We are seeking a Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team at Watford 24-Hour.
This hospital role would be 2-day consults, a 2-day ward which is a mixture of operating and managing the ward patients.
This varied and extensive caseload would make this the perfect position for someone working towards a further qualification in medicine, surgery or imaging.
Full-time salary package up to £55,000 per annum depending on experience to include:
- - 5 weeks' annual leave plus bank holidays
- - 4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after every 5 years of service)
- - Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- - £1,500 CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave
- - RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- - 4-day week with 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends
- - Fair share of BH and on-call duties at Watford 24-Hour
- - Vehicle allowance or Company Vehicle
- - Accommodation allowance
- - Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- - Access to a wide range of discounts for days out, high street and holidays
- - 100% attendance bonus schemes
- - 1-day' Pet'ernity Leave
Watford 24-Hour is the hospital for twenty branches across Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Greater London.
The hospital is led by our two Branch Partners, Andrea and Candice. It is well equipped with diagnostic ultrasound, endoscopy, CT, dental X-ray and a full orthopaedic theatre.
Our hospital vet Pablo has his cert in Diagnostic Imaging and Andrea has his PG Cert in Small Animal Surgery and Advanced PG Cert in Orthopaedic Surgery. Many of our vets will book ops in with Andrea until their confident enough to do without support. Our vets also benefit from CT-assisted procedures, which they find really helpful for ops planning.
Not familiar with the area? Watford 24-Hour is based on St Albans Road, just a short walk from Watford Junction Station where you have quick easy access into London.