Island Veterinary Associates are looking for a dedicated GP Vet to join their team! The successful candidate will carry out several vet duties including First Opinion veterinary Consults, Vaccinations, Health Checks, Neutering, General Surgery and Diagnostics to name but a few!
We are happy to accept both full/part-time applications for this role, working on average 40 hours across 4 days per week, on a shared rota with a fair shift pattern. You will be required at work 1:7 weekends and there is no out of hours however you may need to cover inpatient care should the need arise. We offer a competitive salary for this position of up to £55,000 FTE based on your experience.
We are a friendly, small animal practice based in the county town of Stafford, surrounded by the beautiful countryside that will appeal to the outdoors type, such as Cannock Chase great for mountain biking or Hiking or just Dog walking. However, we also have great links to public transport and excellent rail access to anywhere in the UK. Our surgery is fully equipped with all the usual toys including an in-house Laboratory, Ultrasound, Digital X-ray, and laparoscopy to name but a few!
By far the best thing about our practice is our fantastic team, we have 7 vets, who are supported by 6 registered veterinary nurses, 4 student veterinary nurses and 7 support staff, with 2 certificate holders on the team who can provide expertise on small animal surgery. We strongly encourage our staff to pursue their interests and also have 3 Vets currently doing Certificates in Small Animal Surgery, Feline Medicine and imaging.
We are a friendly and close-knit team, and we like to discuss cases, to share knowledge and skills to help everyone develop in their role.
Our ideal candidate is a first opinion veterinary surgeon who has some experience working in a practice. You will be dedicated to putting animal care at the heart of everything that you do and fit seamlessly into our friendly team. An interest in medicine would be an advantage however, this is not a deal-breaker.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- 6 weeks of holiday
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro-rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees (not standard, needs confirmed for each advert)
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH5938 when you apply.
To submit your application, click the apply button.