We are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join us! The role will include general veterinary nursing duties. Our qualified nurses run their own nurse clinics, perform schedule 3 procedures, and train students. We offer an excellent rota, 6 in 12 Saturday mornings and no night, weekend or bank holiday duties because these are covered by Vets Now. We are open to full and part time applicant. Salary up to £26,500 depending on experience.
The ideal person will be friendly, enthusiastic, motivated, hardworking Registered Veterinary Nurse and fit well into our current team of 12 vet nurses, 2 student nurses, 3 animal nursing assistants, 7 vets and 7 receptionists and a chance to work alongside our Orthopaedic Specialist. Our nurses are always encouraged to learn new skills, we offer generous CPD allowance and full support. Excellent equipment including flexible and rigid Endoscope, digital x-ray, and CT Scanner. We are a lively practice in the centre of Reading with excellent amenities within walking distance. We try our absolute best to make sure everyone goes home on time (although you may be the overtime nurse once every 2 weeks)! Yummy biscuits and cakes frequently available!
Ideally you will have a Registered Veterinary Nurse qualification, but we will consider a Student Nurse due to qualify. Clinical Coach experience is a bonus but there is opportunity to train as Clinical Coach with us. Experience of running nurse clinics also an advantage. Being able to work as part of a large team is a must but it is also important to be able to use your initiative and work independently.
Work life balance
- 5.6 weeks holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Relocation allowance up to £1000
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
Please get in touch if you want to apply. Please use BH5986 as a reference when applying for this role.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.