We’re a community of passionate veterinary professionals, committed to providing exceptional care. We’re looking for dedicated, forward-thinking, and caring vets to join our growing community.
We provide our team ongoing support, development opportunities, access to advanced equipment and skills, in-house training, and a whole host of other benefits. Everything you need to help you on your journey to veterinary excellence!
We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon with 2 or more years experience in small animal practice to join our amazing Salisbury practice. The ideal candidate will be; confident with most routine surgery and medicine, assured in their communication, comfortable working as part of a team, keen to develop their clinical skill set, and share our core Medivet values of being caring, progressive, and trustworthy.
4-day working week with consistent day off
1:3 Saturday shifts
We are also able to accommodate part-time to our team. We know that there is a large part of the veterinary profession that cannot fit a full-time veterinary position around their other commitments, especially working parents and people looking for a better work-life balance! We think this is a tragic waste of a wealth of skills and experience! We want to be flexible for vets like this and we are very happy to discuss options with you and work to create your own bespoke working pattern.
- 1-,2- or 3--day working week with a consistent day off Possibility to alter the hours of your shifts to allow late starts or early finishes (i.e. school runs) Possibility for occasional weekend shifts, Bank Holiday shifts and shifts on-call to our dedicated night team. We are happy to discuss if these would fit into your desired working pattern.
Rewards and Benefits:
Salary & Benefits
• Salary package up to £65,000 depending on experience (inclusive of allowances)
• 4-day working week
• 5 weeks' annual leave
• 4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
• Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
• CPD Allowance £1,500 plus 3 days CPD leave
• RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
• Option for a company vehicle
• Support with certificates and career development
• Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
• Access to wide range of discounts for days out, high street and holidays.
• 100% attendance bonus schemes
• 1 day 'Pet'ernity Leave
We can offer relocation allowances should you move more than 50 miles from your current home address.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
Salisbury is a two/three vet practice led by our fantastic Lead Vet Howard Taylor. The practice situated in a stunning building opposite the famous Salisbury cathedral and comes well-equipped with ultrasound, dental and digital x-ray, theatre facilities and laboratory equipment. Located in the beautiful historic city of Salisbury, the practice enjoys a varied caseload and superb local amenities.