We are currently looking for a Clinical Director/lead veterinary surgeon to join our team at Shore Vets in Gourock, Inverclyde. This opportunity is ideal for candidates looking to take the next step in their career perhaps move into their first management role. The role provides a combination of management and clinical work with a great work life balance and gives you the opportunity to bring your own interests and skillset to the role. Shore Vets is a fantastic practice that’s location is second to none, if you r looking for a rural location not too far from city centre this is the place for you.
Alongside surgical and medical duties, the Clinical Director should be able to lead the team and be able to conduct team and individual 1-2-1 meetings. They will provide a rounded support role from both a clinical and non-clinical perspective. They will also work alongside the practice manager on practice profitability and have a shared responsibility for leading and driving the practice forward. Developing the business and your own clinical work are equally important parts of the role, with the ability to pass on knowledge and direction to others.
Working up to 40 hours per week
Across 5 days
1:3 Saturday morning (9am-12pm)
From £60,000 negotiable depending on experience
Relocation allowance of up to £5,000
Welcome bonus of up to £5,000
Shore Vets is located in the beautiful coastal town of Gourock, whose sights cannot be beat. Gourock is also within easy commuting distance to Glasgow. Shore Vets is a small but very busy and successful practice, with a fantastic and enthusiastic team. This is an opportunity for the right individual to take the next step in their career as well as lead the team into the next phase for the practice.
Applicants should have extensive experience in both a surgical and medical caseload with a desire to mentor others and lead by example and be RCVS registered.
The candidate should be motivated, enthusiastic, dedicated, have great communication skills, and strive for clinical excellence. We are looking for either an experienced Vet leader or an experienced vet who is looking to develop their skills.
Because our employee’s matter.
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
• 33 days holiday including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,200 CPD allowance with 6 days paid CPD leave
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH6436 as reference when applying for this role.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.