Part Time Veterinary Nurse
A work setting like no other - patrolling among rare giraffes and tigers, and within stunning gardens across a 128-acre estate!
This is a key role working as part of our professional team taking responsibility for the health and welfare of our zoological collection. The post will involve all aspects of veterinary nursing and includes a large amount of data management so, enthusiasm for administration and attention to detail are essential.
As Part Time veterinary Nurse you will:
• Assist in diagnostic and treatment procedures
• Implement preventative medicine plans
• Manage a large volume of data
What makes Chester Zoo a great place to work?
As the UK’s biggest and best zoo, we have ambitious goals, exciting plans, and there’s always lots going on here. We’re an inclusive and diverse organisation, made up of nearly 500 permanent and 500 seasonal team members, and we know how important it is to invest in our colleagues to help boost their career development.
• 32 hours a week, usually Tuesday to Friday but, some flexibility may be required
• 33 days annual leave – pro rata
• Salary of £19,984.64 (this includes our 2022 pay award which is effective from 1 January 2022)
• Staff pass so you can visit the zoo during your time off plus a number of complimentary tickets for your family and friends
• Access to healthcare plan
• Employer contributory pension scheme
Our Requirements – Part Time Veterinary Nurse
• Qualified Veterinary Nurse
• Registered with the RCVS
• Minimum 3 years nursing experience
• Experience of busy veterinary practice environment and be proficient in monitoring anaesthetics, administering treatments and dispensing medications along with other general nursing duties
• Competent in the use of computers and basic software packages such as Windows an Microsoft Office
• Full UK driving licence
Although not essential, the following would be desirable:
• Experience in large animal or exotic species nursing
• Further qualifications on nursing of wildlife, exotic or zoo species.
• Previous experience in another zoological or wildlife collection
• Experience with MedZIMS
• The ability to be creative and think laterally
More About Us
We’re not just an amazing, award-winning visitor attraction that’s home to 20,000 incredible animals. We’re not just the UK’s most popular zoo. We’re a major wildlife charity that’s committed to the recovery of endangered species, globally. And, as the world faces an extinction crisis, we’re making a hugely significant contribution to conservation at a time when it’s needed most. We are Chester Zoo, and we prevent extinction.
To submit your application, click the apply button.