The Centre for Animal Referral & Emergency (CARE), in Melbourne, Australia, is looking for an enthusiastic and conscientious ECC nurse to become part of a dynamic, progressive team, in a high-volume, well-equipped clinic.
Melbourne is a vibrant city on the south-east coast of Australia. It is a fabulous place to live and use as a base to explore the rest of the country. The food, wine and coffee are some of the best Australia has to offer and there are a vast array of festivals, exhibitions, and sporting events to attend every day of the year. It is a port city with beautiful beaches extending around the bay and temperate rainforests and wineries less than a one-hour drive away.
CARE is a busy, privately-owned, multi-specialist veterinary hospital located in the inner-city suburb of Collingwood, a bustling location with lots of apartment living, restaurants, and bars, close to the Melbourne CBD. The clinic was created with the goal to provide the highest standard of patient care in a cooperative, team-oriented environment that respects, supports and encourages the personal well-being and professional development of all staff. We have employed many staff members from the UK, all of whom have been wonderful additions to the hospital, contributing a vast amount of knowledge and experience to the practice over the years.
As an Emergency and Critical Care nurse at CARE, you will work with a dedicated and knowledgeable team of experienced nurses to care for the broad range of cases presenting to the Emergency department. All the ECC staff benefit from the support and guidance of a board-certified ECC specialist and an ECC residency-trained registrar. We also take pride in working together with the larger hospital team, between different departments (Medicine, Surgery, The Rabbit Doctors), to provide the best possible diagnostic and treatment options for each patient we see.
Responsibilities vary but include:
- Triage All aspects of in-patient nursing of critical care patients
- Assistance with anaesthesia/ procedures and surgery
- Performing diagnostic sample collection and processing tests
- Communication with owners and referring veterinarians and occasional reception duties.
- Combination of day, evening, overnight and weekend shifts (2/4 weekends per roster).
- The role can be part-time or full-time, and we are happy to work with successful applicant to help them achieve a reasonable work-life balance.
- Remuneration is generous and includes significant shift loading for all shifts lying outside of business hours. A permanent full-time ECC nurse can expect to achieve annual remuneration in the range of $78-$90k plus superannuation (or pro-rata part time).
- Continuing education is strongly encouraged through an annual CPD allowance, regular tutorials and daily rounds.
- A relocation allowance would also be part of the salary package.
This role offers daily opportunities to expand your nursing skills and knowledge – no day is ever the same!
We are looking for a new colleague who:
- Embraces our core values, particularly the pursuit of excellence in client and patient care.
- Is experienced, enthusiastic, motivated and conscientious Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Will not be discouraged by challenges, rather embraces them, and works with the rest of the team to reach a solution, whilst learning along the way
- Has their Degree or Certificate IV (Aus) in veterinary nursing (or equivalent qualification).
- Nursing experience in a multi-specialist or emergency and critical care facility is considered beneficial, but is not critical
As an approximate guide, visa options for UK passport holders would include:
- Working holiday visa (417)
- Between 18-30 years old. Not previously held a working holiday visa for Australia. The option of a second year can be obtained with 3 months regional work (may change in the future). Holders of this visa may leave and re-enter Australia as often as they like. Have the option to work for a company for up to 6 months per year.
- Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (482) Sponsorship
- No age restrictions. Eligible to work in Australia for 2 years. Holders of this visa may leave and re-enter Australia as often as they like. Relevant qualifications mut be held to be eligible e.g., Degree or Level 3 diploma in Veterinary Nursing.
Please see the Australian Government Visa Finder website for official information.
How to Apply
Applications and enquiries should be directed to Ms Erin Gibson via firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include a cover letter outlining your suitability and enthusiasm for the position, and a current CV (including contact details for references).
CARE is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or age.