My client is looking for a dedicated Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. The duties will include carrying out consultations, operations, and inpatients, as expected for the level of experience.
The rota will involve working 40 hours per week over 4 days. The days are a mix of shifts including:
The weekend work includes working on a Saturday morning from 8:30am-11:30am and Sunday from 10:00am-11:00am and is worked in a 1 in 6-7 rota. There is a second on-call component on a rota to give advice and support to the night Vets and occasionally you might need to come and help them.
The Salary will be up to £60,000 depending on experience.
The practice is extremely privileged to have cared for pets and their owners for over 50 years. They have a high level of equipment and facilities needed to provide the best modern treatment for the well-being and comfort of your pet, with a very good reputation locally. Their equipment includes digital rads, video endoscopy, ultrasound etc.
The practice currently has 12 Veterinary Surgeons, 8 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 2 Trainee Nurses, 6 Auxilliary Veterinary Nurses, 4 Receptionists and a Practice Manager. They have 1 cert holder, 1 diploma holder in exotics, and other Vets are sitting their exotic cert and ECC cert.
The practice has a very friendly and welcoming team, meeting up outside of work is very common.
- Experienced enough to be able to do most routine surgeries/consults without additional support
- Must be a hard worker
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must be friendly and able to have a laugh too!
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- DS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities