A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a full-time Veterinary Surgeon to join our professional and personable team in our practice located in the beautiful market town of Daventry, Northamptonshire.
As a qualified MRCVS, you’ll already have good experience gained in small animal practice. You’ll be competent in clinical examination and surgery and confident working as part of the wider team. Sharing our values of being trustworthy, caring, and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively and empathetically, such as good communication skills, mediation experience, and the ability to share knowledge and lead by being an outstanding, positive example to others.
The role is working 4 days per week at Medivet Daventry plus 1 in 3 Saturdays or 1 in 6 full weekends at our Leamington Spa Hospital.
Joining our national network of veterinary surgeons at Medivet offers exceptional opportunities for career development while enjoying a very competitive salary package (FTE):
Salary package up to £66,469 depending on experience, to include:
- - 5 weeks' annual leave
- - 4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after every 5 years of service)
- - Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- - £1,500 CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE)
- - RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- - Vehicle allowance or Company Vehicle
- - Accommodation allowance
- - Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- - Access to a wide range of discounts for days out, high street, and holidays.
- - 100% attendance bonus schemes
- - 1 day 'Pet'ernity Leave
We also offer relocation allowances should you move more than 50 miles from your current home address.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
Skills and experience:
- - The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years' UK small animal practice (or UK equivalent) experience.
Our practice has a very long-standing and friendly client base who appreciate the personal service we provide. You will be part of a fully supportive team that are dedicated to their clients and patients.
The practice is ideally situated close to the town centre and is well-equipped with ultrasound, ECG, dental facilities, an in-house laboratory, separate cat and dog wards, and waiting areas. You will work alongside a supportive Lead Veterinary Surgeon and Head Nurse as well as our nursing team.