Hamilton Specialist Referrals have an exciting opportunity for a Theatre Nurse RVN to join their team. The role will provide you with the opportunity to spend time in the prep area, one of three Theatres and our Imaging suite which Includes a 16slice CT scanner, 1.5 Tesla MRI machine, Fluoroscopy Machine, Separate Radiography and Ultrasound room.
You will see a wide variety of emergency and routine caseloads to include orthopaedic, neurology, soft tissue, internal medicine, and oncology, allowing you to develop your nursing skills in a multi-disciplinary hospital environment.
Your daily duties will include:
- Liaising with Anaesthesia to implement individualised anaesthesia plans
- Anaesthetic monitoring of referral procedures, sedations and patients undergoing diagnostic imaging
- Assisting with pre-op and post-op imaging
- Assisting in the circulatory nurse role to ensure the efficient running of theatres to include patient preparation, positioning and surgical support alongside our team of auxiliaries
- Communicating post-operative plans to the wards team and updating hospital sheets to include this information
Hamilton Specialist Referrals (HSR) is a state-of-the-art, multidisciplinary specialist veterinary referral hospital. Equipped with all the latest diagnostic and surgical equipment, including onsite MRI & CT, our team of nurse’s work with industry-leading recognised specialists and a team of interns. Located in modern facilities, Hamilton Specialist Referrals is based in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, within easy reach of London, Oxford, the Chilterns, and Cotswolds. The hospital is also only five minutes from the M40 and major airports.
About the Team and Culture
Hamilton Specialist Referrals was born of the belief that there is room for a new wave of veterinary excellence across the UK. There is a strong focus on providing a personal and reassuring client experience from first contact through to discharge. Excellent clinical care, delivered in a friendly and supportive manner to referring vets, is paramount to the team.
We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic, and approachable person who is not only a great team player but can also use their own initiative and be self-motivated. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to multi-task with a flexible approach to working, are a must.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Birthday leave
- RCVS Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH6103 when applying for this role.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.