We are looking for a vet who would like to work at the weekend in our very busy small animal hospital. Working 9 hours on Saturday and Sunday, the successful applicant can choose the weekend frequency to fit in with their commitments. From every weekend to once a month, let us know what suits you. We are flexible in how we run our weekend days, so if you'd prefer to consult rather than operate, we'd be happy to discuss any scenario.
The salary for this role is up to £50,000 depending on experience
Based in the heart of the Oxfordshire countryside, Hart Vets is an ideal place to live and work. Close to all amenities and only half an hour from London by train.
Hart Vets is dedicated to providing quality health care with compassion. We like our patients to see the same vet whenever possible. We care for your pets the same way we would want our own pets to be cared for.
We have on-site parking available for clients at our Bicester Veterinary Hospital Surgery, with disabled access to our waiting rooms and consulting areas. Our surgeries are air-conditioned, and we have separate dog and cat areas so that our patient environment remains calm.
Unlike most veterinary practices, we have a nurse awake caring for our patients at our Bicester Veterinary Hospital every night, as well as having a vet either up all night with the night nurse or on call. Our dedicated night nurses ensure that our patients receive the same high standard of care at night as they do during the day, every day of the year. We are the only veterinary practice in the area that employs dedicated night nurses to work throughout the night caring for our patients.
Most of our clients live locally in the Bicester – Aylesbury area, but many of our clients come from nearby towns and villages including Oxford, Kidlington, Thame, Brackley, Banbury, Buckingham, Winslow and Milton Keynes.
We have a wide range of equipment available to you at all times including:
• Sedecal DR x-ray (purchased this year)
• Philips iu22 Abdominal Ultrasound
• Philips ie33 Cardiac Ultrasound
• Range of digital endoscopy
• Multiparameter monitoring including capnography & blood pressure at all stations
• Full range of Idexx lab equipment
About the Team and Culture
We have a team of 11 full time equivalent vets, 13 nurses, two dedicated night nurses and a growing number of Animal Nursing Assistants. One surgery certificate holder and one working towards hers, one GP certificate holder and one working towards hers. We have a culture or excellence at Hart Vets where nothing is too much trouble for our clients and their pets. Well-being is very much at the heart of our ethos and that extends to every single member of the team.
Our new colleague should be compassionate, efficient, perfectionist, diligent and hard-working all-rounder who is, above all, an excellent communicator.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
• 6.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays FTE
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,500 CPD allowance with 20 hours paid pro-rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH6090.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.