Kessock Equine Vets has an exciting opportunity for Equine vet to join their friendly and forward-thinking team in the Highlands of Scotland. The successful applicant will be joining our dedicated equine GP practice, with staff who are committed to clinical excellence.
This role will give you the opportunity to engage in equine only veterinary work in a beautiful part of the world! This role would be ideal for a vet who is wanting to be involved equine work only although we could arrange for you to undertake SA work at a nearby practice if you wanted to keep your skills up to date?
We are happy to accept full/part-time applicants, with our full-time rota usually being 40 hours across 5 days per week. There is a requirement for out of hours on a shared rota 1 in 5 weeknights & 1 in 5 weekends.
The position comes with a very competitive salary of up to £55,000 negotiable DOE.
We are an ambulatory and clinic-based equine only practice with dedicated facilities, based near Inverness in Scotland. The practice is superbly located on the doorstep of an outdoor enthusiast’s playground close to both mountains and sea giving easy access to skiing, mountain biking, mountaineering, climbing and water sports. Being close to Inverness we have excellent transport links and are close to an airport.
About the Team and Culture
Our team are dedicated to providing a specialist level of care, to help us deliver this we have excellent facilities including stables, stocks, a large treatment area, knockdown/recovery room, trot up and arena facilities. We are also fully equipped with DR – X-ray, ultrasound, endoscopes, gastroscope, motorised dental equipment and shockwave. We also have frequent clinic days with regularly visiting specialists and at least 2 days a month with a Group Veterinary Advisor.
RCVS registered with equine experience and proven capabilities in lameness work ups, routine minor surgical procedures and castrations would be an advantage. An interest in training and mentoring of other team members would be an advantage but not necessary.
We are prepared to be flexible and will consider someone who wants a full or part time role and someone who may still need to develop some of their skills.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
· 6.6 weeks annual leave
· Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
· Your birthday as a paid day off
· Private medical insurance
· Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
· Cycle to Work scheme
· Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
· Non-accidental injury support
· £1200 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro-rata
· Certificate support
· Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
· Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
· All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
· All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
· Infection Prevention and Control Programme
· Quality Improvement Programme
· BVA membership
· VDS cover
· Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
· Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
· Discounted staff pet care
· Accommodation provided if required
· Relocation allowance of up to £5,000
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH6088 when applying for this role.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.