Blackheath Veterinary Centre are looking for a recently qualified vet to join their friendly team! The successful candidate will carry out general consulting duties and basic surgeries with the support of an experienced senior vet.
Rota and Salary
• 4 days per week 9 am – 6:30 pm
• 1 in 3 Saturdays 9 am – 5 pm
• 40 hours average working week
• Flexible working can be considered
• No OOH
The salary for this role is up to £40,000 depending on experience.
Here at Blackheath Veterinary Centre, we pride ourselves on offering a supportive working culture, we strongly encourage applications from recent graduates so we can help them to gain confidence in all aspects of Veterinary medicine and surgery. Our practice is part of the Lockwood Veterinary Group, based close to the city of Birmingham, giving us excellent transport links via train, motorways, and airports! We are kitted out with a full in-house lab, ultrasound and digital x-rays to name but a few!
By far the best part of our practice is our fantastic team, we have 2 vets, 2 nurses and 1 receptionist, with 20 vets in total among our 9-site group! Across the team, we have several certificate holders in exotics, surgery, and a roving specialist in Cardiology. We actively encourage studying and have several team members working towards certificates, we also have many progression opportunities within the group.
Our ideal candidate is a recently qualified veterinary surgeon who is happy to be supported by an experienced team that has successfully supported many recent graduates! You will be friendly and hardworking, with a passion for providing the very best client care.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
• Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
• CPD paid days and allowance
• L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• BVA Membership paid
• VDS cover
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Service-related company sick pay
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH5847.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.