Rotating equine vet surgeon required to work across three of our clinics MBM Vets, Avondale Vets &The Equine Vet Clinic working within OOH on-call only within the West of Scotland. The role will encompass ambulatory caseloads and when necessary, include inpatient care within each of these practices on a on call basis.
Are you looking for Flexibility in an equine role? We have a fantastic opportunity for a full time or part time Equine Veterinary Surgeon to join our forward-thinking and motivated teams in an OOH capacity across multiple equine practice in the west of Scotland. You will be joining a progressive group of three practices and the role will be OOH ambulatory and when necessary, include inpatient care.
Working up to 45 hours per week – flexibility on hours available and happy to consider part time candidates
Across 3 days covering Friday, Saturday & nights (From Friday at 5pm – 9am Monday on call)
Up to £60,000 negotiable D.O.E
Relocation package up to £5,000
All three practices have inpatient facilities, two with operating facilities. They are all established RCVS Accredited Equine practices within the west of Scotland. With 20 inpatient stables, full surgical and hospital facilities, hospital and ambulatory diagnostic equipment, and an extensive range of treatment technology. In-house laboratory facilities making it possible to run haematological and biochemical tests on site.
Ideally would suit an equine vet surgeon with experience within emergency equine care that enjoys working on call and nights only (would suit a vet that needs to be at home during the day but can commit to on call at weekends). You will be part of a larger equine network and we can offer bespoke CPD, clinical support and mentoring is also available. Must have full UK driving licence as a company pool vehicle will be provided. Must be RCVS registered.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- Up to £1200 CPD allowance with up to 5 days paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH6026 when you apply.
To submit your application, click the apply button.