Clifton Vets have a great opportunity for a part-time Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team, working in elegant surroundings of Clifton. You will have several responsibilities including consulting, operating, and working up cases.
The rota involves working 26 hours per week over 3 days. The shifts are as follows:
- Tuesday from 8:30am-3:30pm
- Wednesday from 8:30am-3:30pm
- Thursday 8:30am- 6:30pm
- 1 in 4 Saturdays from 8:30am-12:30pm
There are no out of hours with this role.
The salary will be up to £55,000 pro-rata depending on experience.
Clifton Vets is a small animal-only practice seeing the usual range of dogs, cats and small furries. We are first opinion only but do have visiting specialists. There is a well-equipped first opinion set up with digital x-ray, digital dental x-ray, ultrasound, endoscopy, and an on-site lab.
This is small practice with high standards and a large number of clients wanting cases worked up properly.
The practice is sited in Clifton only a short walk from the centre of Bristol, the historic suspension bridge, and Clifton Village.
Our team consists of three Veterinary Surgeons, two Registered Veterinary Nurses, an Assistant Nurse, and our receptionists. We have two Certificate Holders (Surgery and Ophthalmology) one of whom is an RCVS Advanced Practitioner (Ophthalmology). The ideal candidate will become the third member of this team.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced Vet with good surgical, imaging and diagnostic skills. They must have an interest in really following cases through and getting to know our clients. An interest in medicine would be ideal but not essential.
Benefits Veterinary Surgeon
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- Annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1200 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH6068 when applying for this role.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.