We are looking for a mixed vet to join the team at our practice in Matlock on a full or part-time basis. The role could also be taken as a lead vet or branch partnership opportunity.
The practice has a 60:40 split small & large animal caseload with very little equine work.
Large animal work includes routine visits on some dairy farms and TB work in the annual testing county in the local area covering most farms in an 8-mile radius of the practice. Small animal work involves consultations and one operating day per week and also includes local RSPCA work.
This is a permanent, full, or part-time role working 39 hours a week over vets 4 days plus 1:4 Saturday mornings, 1:4 weekends on call, and 1:5 weekdays on call.
Salary package up to £59,869 PA including:
- - Accommodation allowance
- - Company vehicle or vehicle allowance
- - CPD allowance
- - Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVA fees
- - Relocation package of up to £2000
- - 3 days paid CPD leave per year
- - 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays per annum
- - 4-day week plus 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekend
- - Pension scheme
- - Paid sabbatical after five years’ service
- - Funded Certificate opportunities
- - Annual pay reviews
- - Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance
- - Colleague purchase scheme
- - Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- - Hapibenefits – Receive a range of discounts on your shopping, entertainment, and meals out
- - 24-hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
Medivet is growing rapidly and it is an exciting time to join us - we encourage growth and development within your role and are truly committed to helping our Medivet family members achieve their goals.
Skills and experience:
- - You must be an RCVS registered vet to apply for this position and 1+ year qualified
The branch is situated in Matlock in the beautiful Derbyshire countryside and on the edge of the Peak District. The team is led by an experienced lead vet and is also supported by an area manager and regional director to help ensure the practice and the employees develop and grow in their role.