An amazing opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and experienced vet to lead our Ashby practice, which has a friendly and dedicated client base.
We are looking for a dynamic and driven Lead Veterinary Surgeon with a client-oriented approach and excellent communication skills, who works to a very high standard both medically and surgically and has the drive and ambition to help develop this practice further. Strong management and mentor skills are essential as you will play a crucial part within the team.
This is a permanent, full-time role working 39 hours per week which can be worked over 4 days.
Salary package of up to £72,900 PA. Including:
- - Accommodation Allowance
- - Vehicle allowance or company vehicle
- - CPD Allowance
- - Payment of RCVS, VDS, and BVA fees
- - Relocation package of up to £2000
- - 3 days of paid CPD to leave per year
- - 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays per annum
- - 4 day week plus 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekend
- - Pension scheme
- - Paid sabbatical after five years’ service
- - Funded Certificate opportunities
- - Annual pay reviews
- - Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance
- - Colleague purchase scheme
- - Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- - Hapibenefits – Receive a range of discounts on your shopping, entertainment, and meals out
- - 24-hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
Support for those wanting to work towards certificate level with full funding available.
Medivet is growing rapidly and it is an exciting time to join us - we encourage growth and development within our roles and are truly committed to helping our Medivet family members achieve their goals.
Skills and experience:
- - The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years' UK small animal practice (or UK equivalent) experience
- - Career progression is actively promoted, and partnership opportunities are available for the right candidate This is a great opportunity to take the next step in your career
Our Ashby practice has 3 consult rooms, 1 double surgical theatre, a dental suite, a digital x-ray room, a prep area, and separate dog and cat isolation rooms. Digital x-ray, ultrasound, laparoscopic equipment, inhouse blood machines.
Scunthorpe is located in North Lincolnshire just off the M180 and M18 motorways allowing easy transport links to the Lincolnshire Wolds, Hull, Doncaster, Lincoln, and York. It is a bustling town with restaurants, cinemas, shopping parks, and many other activities.
For those who enjoy the country air and long walk, Scunthorpe is a stone's throw away from the rolling hills of the Lincolnshire Wolds which is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and the highest land between Kent and Yorkshire. In the Wold, there are many quaint market villages with plenty of independent shops and history to explore.
To the East, there is the popular seaside resort of Cleethorpes with many traditional seaside restaurants and activities, the boating lake, The Jungle Zoo, and Cleethorpes Light Railway.