Here at Catley Cross Veterinary Clinic, we are looking for an Equine Emergency Medicine Clinician to join our team. You will be the on-call Equine Veterinary Surgeon as part of a week on, week off rota with one three-week annual break in addition to every other week off. Every other weekend will be part of this role. A brand-new vehicle will be provided, or mileage paid. You will join and support our equine team by covering out-of-hours work and in-patient care between 5pm and 8am during the week and 5pm Friday to 8am Monday. The period 8 - 8.30am at changeover will allow completion of paperwork and transfer of any ongoing case responsibility to the day vets. The position will involve working seven days on/seven days off through the year. An annual 3-week block of time away from work will also be made available.
We are able to deal with most emergency cases either on an ambulatory basis or by admitting cases to our well-equipped clinic with excellent nursing support. For those cases requiring emergency surgery or intensive medical treatment we are conveniently located approx. 30 miles from Newmarket where great referral support is provided by two large equine hospitals. We anticipate the role to provide the interest and challenge of working in the field of equine emergency medicine whilst allowing ample time for further study, additional dayshifts at the clinic, pursuit of hobbies and opportunity for travel.
The salary for this role will be up to £50,000 depending on experience.
Catley Cross Veterinary Clinic is a friendly and progressive mixed practice, in the lovely rural Essex/Suffolk borders. We are a busy and varied equine practice with an interesting caseload and great clients. Our well-equipped clinic includes hospitalisation and surgical facilities. Our team consists of Vets, Nurses, Kennel assistants, Yard workers, Receptionists, and the Office support members.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Equine Veterinary Surgeon.
Benefits Veterinary Surgeon
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
• 6.6 weeks annual leave (5.6 if part time)
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• CPD and certificate study encouraged and well supported
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH6060.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.