We’re looking for passionate vets!
Join our team! The best people, giving the best care – your future is here!
Veterinary Centre by the Big Blue Cross have an opportunity for a veterinarian to join our successful practice. Enjoy a culture of excellence, with over 30 vets, including nine very approachable veterinary partners, and a huge depth of skill and experience covering all the major farm and companion animal species.
Where are we?
New Zealand is a picturesque place to live and work. The Veterinary Centre is located on the East Coast of the South Island. With clinics in North Otago (Oamaru), South Canterbury (Waimate & Glenavy), East Otago (Palmerston), Waitaki Valley (Kurow & Omarama) and Maniototo (Ranfurly), with a new clinic planned for Timaru (South Canterbury), so our practice area extends from the intensively farmed coast, up the Waitaki Valley, to the extensive high country of the Southern Alps. It offers true diversity in landscape and farm systems.
The regions dairy farmers are an exciting group to work with as they are younger compared to the national average, making them more open to new ideas and technology. Their vets are an integral part of their operation. Sheep & Beef work moves from the intensive to the extensive high country. We are actively involved in footrot control, reproductive management, and integration of parasite control into farm systems.
Our Companion Animals
We also have a highly skilled team of veterinarians looking after our companion animals, including a busy five veterinarian small animal clinic in Oamaru. With skills in orthopaedic surgery and chronic disease, our team are equipped to deal with many of the issues facing our clients pets. Many of our senior vets have their Masters in Small Animals or are working towards it.
What we offer?
- A mixed rural practice with a strong focus on dairy and a significant companion animal work.
- Our practice is heavily involved in maximising the benefits of technology on the farm including cow collar.
- We are focused on using the advanced skills of senior vets to mentor our younger vets towards a successful future. Continued professional development (CPD) is actively encouraged within the practice, with many of our vets having their Masters, Memberships, and even a PhD.
- You’ll be working in a modern, well-equipped facility with a modern fleet, and an on-call roster spread over a big team.
- The opportunity to mould the mix of work to your interests/strengths.
- Our remuneration packages have a reputation for being generous.
The success of our business model ensures we attract great people and look after them well. We can design a package to suit you and open up many future opportunities.
If you would like to discuss your future or submit your application, click the apply button.