Dedicated Oncology RVN West Yorkshire
£24,700- £28,500 plus quarterly bonus (no weekends)
Pet Cancer Care, based at Abbey House Veterinary Hospital is a dedicated Oncology service. We have fantastic facilities in our Oncology suite including hospitalisation, ultrasound and a chemotherapy preparation area. We have onsite imaging (including CT), lab and soft tissue referrals, as well as overnight care, so we can offer a comprehensive oncology service to our patients.
We are currently looking for a compassionate Oncology RVN who is committed to providing excellent patient and client care. Experience providing care to oncology patients is desirable, but full support and training can be offered to someone who has a keen interest in oncology and a willingness to learn. This is an exciting opportunity for an RVN who would be keen to have the responsibility of running a small department with the potential to progress to a Lead Nurse role as the team grows.
The role will involve:
- Working in our Oncology Suite, supporting our two Oncology Vets
- Preparation and administration of chemotherapy
- Discharging Oncology patients and giving detailed aftercare instructions
- Building strong relations with and maintaining regular personalized communication with clients
- Quality of life consultations
- Taking blood and placing IVs
- Assisting with monitoring of Lymph nodes and taking FNAs
- Performing and assisting with imaging including CT, X-ray and ultrasound scans
- Administration of the department (managing lab results, managing diary, responding to emails, stock control)
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week over 4 or 5 days. There is no weekend commitment with this role.
Abbey House is based in Morley, 7 miles south of Leeds with great train and bus links into the city. We are committed to individual career advancement and can support clinical skills development at all levels, as well as progression into Leadership roles. We are also a friendly, welcoming team who enjoy bringing fun into the workplace. Our Associate Council organises regular events & we have made an exciting Engagement Action Plan together. We are dedicated to promoting a healthy work life balance and are working on our wellbeing agenda, with eight trained Mental Health First Aiders on site. We are proud to be hold our Investors in the Environment Bronze Award.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and Birthday off
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- Employee Assistance Programme
- CPD allowance plus access to large bank of Linnaeus CPD
- Progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Generous parental leave and sickness policies
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Recruitment reward scheme
- Gym membership discount
- Flu vaccine voucher
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 veterinary health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.