An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team across our two practices in Oswestry and Wrexham on either a full or part-time basis. We are seeking an experienced vet who would thrive in a busy, first opinion practice that sees a wide variety of interesting caseloads with a good mix of surgery and medicine. We also welcome new graduates to apply and would offer full support for as long as needed.
Our main practice in Oswestry has hospital status and a fantastic range of equipment available, including digital x-ray, ultrasound scanner, orthopaedic theatre, endoscopes, dentistry suite, a laboratory and much more. Our branch practice is a small, consultation only practice that is able to admit patients for routine surgery and hospitalisation using a practice ambulance.
As a fun, close knit team of 12 veterinary surgeons, 8 registered veterinary nurses, 2 nursing students, 2 veterinary care assistants, 9 reception staff, plus a cleaner and a handyman, there is an excellent support network available at all times. We have multiple certificate holders in medicine, surgery and ophthalmology, and we would support the candidate with a certificate or CPD in their field of interest. Though this role is split between surgery and consultations, we are also happy to consider catering the role to suit the candidate, and there is scope for specialisation.
We pride ourselves in the services we are able to offer to our clients, especially in our provision of out-of-hours, which is covered by our own vets and nurses. There is a requirement for the successful candidate to contribute towards our shared on-call rota, which is currently one night per week and one weekend in five. We offer time off to compensate for the out of hours shifts and thankfully have an amazing nursing team who stay at the practice overnight to care for inpatients and take the emergency phones. They are also available to assist the vets with emergency calls during the night and are trained to follow our triage and emergency first aid protocols if needed.
There is a salary available of up to £50,000 FTE, depending upon experience/ qualifications, and an excellent CPD allowance is also available. We would be more than happy to discuss the role informally, and would welcome a visit to the practice to meet our team and see the facilities that we have available.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- 5 days paid CPD allowance
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.