Clinical Director/Lead Vet required at Kessock Equine Vets, Inverness
Kessock Equine Vets, Inverness has an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Director/clinical lead equine vet to join their friendly and forward-thinking team in the Highlands of Scotland. The successful applicant will be joining our dedicated practice, with staff who are committed to clinical excellence. This role will give you the opportunity to engage in equine only veterinary work in a beautiful part of the world! This role would be ideal for a vet who is wanting to be involved in the leadership of the practice and the development of other staff.
Working up to 40 hours per week
Across 5 days – there is flexibility on this
1:5 weeknights & 1:5 weekends
Up to £65,000 negotiable depending on experience
Relocation package of up to £5,000
We are an ambulatory and clinic-based equine only practice with dedicated facilities, based near Inverness in Scotland. The practice is superbly located on the doorstep of an outdoor enthusiast’s playground close to both mountains and sea giving easy access to skiing, mountain biking, mountaineering, climbing and water sports. Being close to Inverness we have excellent transport links and are close to an airport.
Our team are dedicated to providing a specialist level of care, to help us deliver this we have excellent facilities including; stables, stocks, a large treatment area, knockdown/recovery room, trot up and arena facilities. We are also fully equipped with DR – X-ray, ultrasound, endoscopes, gastroscope, motorised dental equipment and shockwave. We also have frequent clinic days with regularly visiting specialists!
RCVS registered with equine experience and proven capabilities in lameness work ups, routine minor surgical procedures and castrations would be an advantage. An interest in training and mentoring of other team members is necessary.
We are prepared to be flexible and will consider someone who wants a full leadership role or someone who still needs to develop some of their skills. We are also prepared to consider part-time hours for the right candidate.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks holiday per annum including bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid CPD leave
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH4973 when applying for this role.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.