Park View Veterinary Hospital are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon to join our driven and progressive team. This role will entail a mix of consults, operating, dentistry, performing work ups and delivering in-patient care. You will be fully supported to explore any clinical interests in the form of continuous professional development as well as mentored with more complex cases or with clinical matters you may need additional support with.
Rota and Salary:
- 4 days per week
- No OOH
- No Sundays
- On a rota which averages a 40hr-week covering the hours of 7.30am to 7.00pm, with 2 Saturday mornings in 8 alternating between the hours of 7:30am to12noon and 8:30am to12noon.
- The salary is up to £60k DOE plus benefits
Park View Veterinary Hospital are a reputable accredited Small Animal Veterinary Hospital based in the beautiful city of Lincoln.
We are fully equipped with dedicated dog, cat, and exotic wards, two theatres and an on-site laboratory. Our digital X-ray suite has a Bucky table and grid, and our dedicated dental theatre has radiography. The Mylab ultrasound has an abdominal and a cardiac probe, and we have an endoscope and bronchoscope. Surgical equipment includes a range of orthopaedic kit, laparoscopic equipment, and electrocautery and cryotherapy. We have Vets Now on site for in-patients care overnight.
Our team pride ourselves on practicing good medicine and surgery, currently comprising of 7 Veterinary Surgeons, 12 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 3 Student Veterinary Nurses, 3 Animal Care Assistants, 1 Practice Manager, and 6 Receptionists. We currently have three certificate holders (Cert SAO, Cert SAS, Cert SAM) within the team as well as another Vet studying for a Cert SAM and our Head Nurse also holds a Diploma.
We offer a culture of comradery and high standards of clinical care. Our more experienced Vets are happy to mentor, and there is always scope to discuss complicated cases or plan of action when needed.
The successful candidate must be a Member of the RCVS and have good communication skills, be enthusiastic, and have a desire to provide gold standard service. It is essential that the candidate is a team player, reliable and willing to be adaptable. Our ideal candidate demonstrates a positive attitude and an interest in leadership, mentoring and coaching. Further development is strongly encouraged, and we currently have three Senior Vets completing their Vet GDP who are happy to support where needed.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.