Here at Shelton Lock, we are looking for a Practice Nurse to join our team. This is a unique role, combining first opinion and charity work, and training elements. We are proud of our ethos of providing outstanding pet and client care in all our sites and this role would give you plenty of opportunities to be involved in the day-to-day running of the practice and to further your professional development.
You will be involved in all aspects of Veterinary Nursing including theatre and imaging work, lab work, nurse clinics, and general stock/maintenance/promotion of the practice. Our CPD allowance is generous and actively promoted and there are lots of internal CPD opportunities available. We are very keen to help our staff develop and pursue their interests.
This is a full-time role of 41 hours per week working between the opening hours of 8:30am at the earliest start to 7:00pm as the latest finish. There is also one Saturday morning to work in every four weeks and one bank holiday per year. Any out-of-hours work will be covered by our hospital site at Pride Park.
We would welcome applicants for this Veterinary Nurse position who want to bring their interests into the practice and breathe some fresh air and energy into developing nurse clinics.
The salary for this role is up to £26,633.
Shelton Lock is a modern well-equipped site which that provides a range of surgical procedures in addition to general pet care reviews and informative clinics. It has theatre/imaging and lab facilities as well as bright and spacious consult rooms.
Shelton is also the base for the charity clinic we run for the Blue Cross as well as being a training practice for Vet Students from Nottingham Vet School, so it is a busy and varied environment!
As part of a group of 12 local practices, it is part of the largest provider of veterinary care locally and is supported by our main practice at Pride Park where we have a dedicated night team and referral service as well as our first opinion team.
Shelton Lock is an established Practice with a small, friendly team. You will be supported by a Veterinary Care Assistant, as well as an experienced Client Care Advisor Team and a Veterinary Surgeon. We will also have a student nurse rotating through.
As a business we take pride in providing outstanding pet healthcare and this role of Veterinary Nurse enables us to do this at a local level in the community.
Required skills and experience
1. Qualified Registered Veterinary Nurse
2. Nurse clinic knowledge
4. Excellent organisational and communication skills
5. Driving licence and own transport
Would be good to have
1. Specialist clinic knowledge
2. Interest in nutrition, weight management, preventative healthcare
3. Experience of lone working within a practice – able to make own decisions, initiatives etc
4. Stock control/ordering-full training will be given if needed.
5. Clinical coach or willingness to train.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Birthday leave
- RCVS Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
- Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH4888 when applying for this role.
To submit your application click the apply button.