We are seeking a full time Veterinary Surgeon to join Two By Two Veterinary Centre, an independent 5* rated small animal practice in north London.
Two By Two Veterinary Centre is 5* rated busy independent veterinary practice in Finchley, north London, with modern and spacious facilities. Since its establishment in 2017, we are proud to have built up a loyal community of clients and their pets who expect a friendly, caring and individually tailored service that puts pets’ health and wellbeing first and foremost.
We welcome animals of all shapes and sizes – whether they come with fur, beaks, scales, or feathers. We always go that extra mile to give clients and their pets the very best level of support, care, and professional advice that animals inevitably need through life.
Join our dynamic, professional team as a small animal Veterinary Surgeon and be part of Two By Two Veterinary Centre’s growth.
Our client base is expanding; therefore, we are seeking Veterinary Surgeons to support the two Veterinary Surgeons. The role will include an equal share of consultations and surgery. We are a busy independent practice and have a varied caseload. You will be required to perform routine surgical procedures and dentistry. We are well equipped with an operating theatre, internal lab covering biochemistry and haematology, ultrasound, digital x-ray, and urine analysis.
As part of the friendly team, you will be part of maintaining our excellent reputation in the community as a private practice. You will run 15-minute consults with time for case work up. You will have case continuity and be able to follow your cases through to completion.
Two By Two Veterinary Centre runs two RSPCA clinics a week, as we are the location for the provision of RSPCA Finchley, Golders Green, Hendon, and District Branch veterinary services. You may be involved in running the clinics.
We are seeking a Full time Veterinary Surgeon (40 hours pw over 5 days and 1:3 Sunday Rota)
- Veterinary Surgeon – Both Consultations and Surgery
- Provide excellent standard of clinical care to animals
- Deliver customer satisfaction to ensure customer return and retention
- Communicate effectively with clients about cases and treatment
- Provide thorough approach to new cases
- Clinical and Surgical work – consultations, diagnostic investigations, surgical procedures quickly and safely and inpatient care
- Maintain up-to-date clinical records
- Work in a timely manner
- Ensuring that your work supports the Director’s objective of ensuring the practice runs efficiently and effectively, and grows the client base
- Promote animal welfare through client education and preventative medicine during consultations
- Use computer software for records and billing
- Maintain proper documentation promptly in the electronic medical record
- Be environmentally sound when possible
- Adhere to the RCVS Code of professional conduct
- Ensure compliance to standards in respect of all legislative requirements, including but not limited to RCVS, Fire, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH), Basic Life Support, Infection Control and Display Equipment
- Be aware of the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and comply with the regulations
- Assist with maintaining a Covid-secure environment to prevent spread of the virus
- Assist in ensuring compliance with risk assurance processes including health and safety, clinical governance, and Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) guidelines
- Wear uniform during working hours
- Competent small animal Veterinary Surgeon registered with the RCVS
- High level of general practice competence gained by 2-5 years UK experience (this role is not suitable for a new grad)
- Confident in routine procedures and surgeries
- Excellent academic record
- Knowledge and experience of small animals, birds and reptiles
- Some sole charge required therefore you should be self-sufficient and confident to work alone
- Excellent English, verbal, and written communication skills, to deliver excellent customer care and with the rest of the team
- Strong work ethic and a caring, sensitive approach
- Good standard of personal presentation
- Maintain and develop professional skills with Continued Professional Development in accordance with RCVS Guidelines
- Aligned with animal welfare aims of RSPCA as we undertake their clinics
- Lives within reasonable commutable distance of Finchley, London (no accommodation provided)
- Experience of working in a busy practice
- Computer literate
- NEST pension
- 20 days annual leave (pro rata) plus Bank Holidays
- £1000 annual allocation towards CPD
- One membership paid
- Staff discount on pet services and products
- We will work with you to support you to develop your potential
- Good work-life balance and friendly team
- No Saturdays, No out-of-hours
Location: Finchley, North London, London. Closest station: Finchley Central (Northern Line)
To submit your CV, covering letter and notice period, please click the apply now button.