Lead Consulting Registered Veterinary Nurse, Full-Time
Founded over 100 years ago, Cromwell Vets is a well-established small animal, primary care practice with their own in-house lab facilities. With practices in:
- Huntingdon Hospital
- St Neots
- St Ives
- Great Cambourne
Cromwell Vets is a busy 24-hour first opinion small animal hospital, RCVS accredited, with 5 branch surgeries and a fabulous physiotherapy/hydrotherapy centre. Our practice has been caring for pets for over 100 years and we pride ourselves on providing the very best care and service for our pets and their owners. We are fortunate to have our tier 3 hospital with excellent facilities and equipment and are now primed ready for further growth including a move to a new purpose-built hospital.
Our wonderful Team is at the heart of Cromwell Vets – we are one big family! We enjoy being part of our communities and attend local events to run fun dog shows raising money each year for our chosen charity and encourage team members to take part. Cromwell Vets also holds regular social events including summer events, impromptu lunchtime barbeques in the summer and the famous annual Christmas party.
We are committed to staff wellbeing and have trained mental health first aiders in the business to support all staff. We have been revamping our clinical rotas to make improvements to our teams work life balance. We also have the support of our Chief Nursing officer who represents nurses at Linnaeus Executive level and her team to provide training, cpd, sharing best practice and promoting nurses in general.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for client facing RVN with a desire to grow and develop our nurse consultations service and lead a team of enthusiastic nurses, students and Patient Care Assistants.
The successful candidate will work alongside an established team who appreciate the value this role would bring to the patient and client journey.
Alongside delivering an existing consultation service we are looking for a candidate who will be able to grow and develop our range of nurse clinics in a dedicated nurse consulting room.
- Small animal Registered Veterinary Nurses with 3 Years RVN experience
- An interest in preventative healthcare
- Able to work collaboratively and lead change
- Passionate about providing a high standard of veterinary care
- Ability to identify areas of potential growth
- Line management experience
- Evidence of relevant CPD
In return we offer:
- Career progression and development
- Salary dependent upon experience £26,000-£28,000
- 33 days holiday allowance inclusive of bank holidays
- Birthday day off
- Paid professional membership fees
- £500 CPD allowance plus 3 days
- Training, support, progression, and opportunities to do additional training
- 40 hours per week, weekends on a rota with time off
- All new equipment within the practice including digital x-ray, dental x-ray, endoscopy, in house lab, anaesthesia monitoring and assessment equipment etc.
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- Employee assistance programme
- Extensive learning and development programmes
- Staff discount schemes
- Discounts with PetPlan
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Enhanced sickness policy
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Recruitment reward scheme
- Gym membership discount
- Flu vaccine voucher
- Strong wellbeing support onsite
- Buddy system- to go to for support and guidance
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 veterinary health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
To submit your application click the apply button.