Are you an experienced RVN thinking about taking their first steps into team leadership or do you already have some leadership experience and are looking for a new challenge? Are you someone who likes to be organized and efficient and is confident in all GP nursing duties both for medical and surgical cases?
We are seeking a confident RVN to lead a small (yet expanding), very organised team. Our Putney practice is in a vibrant area with a London ‘village’ atmosphere, just a short walk from the River Thames, Putney High Street, and Putney Station. The role is full-time (40 hrs.) with 1:3 Saturday (currently mornings only), no nights or on call as this service is provided by our Tier 3 Hospital in Wimbledon which you will also have exposure to as part of the rota.
You will be working alongside an experienced and compassionate team who have a passion for building strong bonds with their loyal and growing number of new clients but truly live the values of work-life balance.
Training is important to our culture, so we are looking for someone happy to be a clinical coach to support the support team in their development whilst being keen to develop their own skillset. Full training will be provided if you have no prior coaching experience.
The salary range is £26,000-£32,000 depending on experience. In addition, we offer paid CPD- with 2 full days or 3 -part days CPD allowance. We see CPD as an investment in the individual as well as for the practice, and in some roles, we can support study for nursing certificate qualifications.
We have a great benefits package including:
- Simply Health which provides cashback/refunds on many routine medical costs such as dental care, physiotherapy, optician, chiropractic fees, and more.
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme.
- Generous shopping/leisure discounts (never pay full price in all the major shops and cinemas again!).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Great colleague pet discount scheme.
- Paid BVNA membership, RCVS and VDS fees.
- Colleague Introduction incentive of £1500.
- Increasing holiday allowance with length of service.
In 2022 we will celebrate our 70th Birthday and we remain, the largest family-run veterinary practice in the UK with 44 clinics, 3 hospitals and our own nurse training college. Our forward-looking approach means we have introduced a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views, as our colleagues are truly valued. We've run Town Hall meeting throughout the last year, communicating real time updates, taking polls and with live Q and A’s to make sure we're making the right, collaborative decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness plans for all our new starters.
We have a great reputation for looking after our staff; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed. Here are some of the lovely things people say about us:
- ‘Friendly, supportive, flexible, Goddards have always been there for me to celebrate the good times (qualifying as a Veterinary Nurse which they put me through my training for) and supportive /listening to me through difficult times (whether personal or work related). Extensive, up-to-date equipment to provide gold standard care for all animals and a very well put together team of Vets, Nurses and VCAs to care for the animals. Everyone works as a team; everyone has a voice and can help make changes /improvements if required. I have never felt so at home whilst at work. I have not closed the door to Goddards, for now, I need to change jobs for my own reasons, I hope to be back at Goddards one day. Fair pay, flexible hours (always consider individual needs) and everyone treated as an equal. Good holiday, great benefits scheme, provide good training and good CPD allowance.’ Former employee Dec 2020- *credit Indeed.
- ‘I’ve been working at Goddard Vet Group full-time for more than a year. Pros: There is a great supportive nature throughout the company, allowing you to grow and achieve things professionally and personally. Cons: Wish I’d joined them sooner!’ Current Employee-Nov 2020 * credit Indeed.
Goddard Veterinary Group was started in 1952 by Arthur Goddard and now consists of 44 branches, 3 hospitals, and our own nursing college. We have a great reputation for looking after our people; over 20% of our team have been with us 10 years or more and we’re proud of our many 5-star employee reviews on Indeed.
In 2022 we are celebrating our 70th anniversary and have 44 branches, 3 hospitals and our own nurse training college. We value all of our colleagues and our forward-looking approach means we have introduced a Colleague Forum to listen to our peers’ views, as well as monthly Town Hall meetings, communicating real time updates, taking polls with live Q&A’s to ensure we’re making the right, collaborative decisions for our people. All our senior managers are Mental Health First Aid trained and we offer Wellness plans for all our new starters. We are a forward-thinking practice and have developed our own successful contact centre to help ease reception pressure in our busy branches. We have a schedule of refurbishments planned and are continually reviewing equipment needs at our practices. As an A1 Home Office approved sponsor, we are sometimes able to help non-UK veterinary surgeons and nurses obtain a working visa.
If you are interested in this rewarding role and working for a forward-thinking business, and would like to know more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an informal chat, or click the apply button!