We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced wildlife Vet to join us at our Stapeley Grange Wildlife Hospital and Cattery on for an 18-month fixed term contract.
At Stapeley Grange, we admit animals from south of the Scottish Border to south of Birmingham, into North Wales and across to Lincolnshire. The wildlife hospital can admit up to 6,500 admissions per year, including wildlife, exotic and domestic casualties.
You’ll be working primarily in our busy wildlife hospital, with a large and diverse caseload with support from experienced veterinary surgeons including an RCVS Advanced Practitioner in Zoological Medicine. You may be required to provide veterinary support to the cattery on occasion, but we do already have a dedicated domestic vet.
- Membership of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Previous clinical experience with wildlife and exotics
- The ability to be sensitive to the financial constraints of the Society
- Additional qualifications in wildlife/zoological medicine (desirable)
- You’ll have an opportunity to work for the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales
- We value and recognise our employees’ contribution and are proud to offer an extensive benefits package that includes
- 35 hours standard working week
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days with service
- A generous pension scheme with associated life assurance and group income protection scheme
- Access to private healthcare scheme
- Support for professional development after qualifying period and
- Access to our employee assistance programme
Location: Stapeley Grange, Nantwich
Closing date: Friday 10 June 2022.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote reference VS0491 when applying for this role.
To submit your CV click the apply now button.