Are you a confident and dynamic vet looking for a new challenge in a supportive team, with NO out of hours or weekend work? This could be the perfect role for you!
The Veterinary Clinic, Great Barr have a fantastic opportunity for a veterinary surgeon to join their busy practice. No two days are the same here at TVC, and the successful candidate will carry out a range of GP vet duties including;
- Reporting lab results
- Communicating with clients about treatment plans and cost
- Using our PMS system for patient records, prescriptions, and reporting
- Comply with legal obligations in line with prescribing/dispensing of medicines guidelines as well as working in accordance with the RCVS Code of Professional Conduct
- Providing and maintaining a high standard of care for clients and their pets
Our vets usually work Monday to Friday 9 am – 2 pm, then 4 pm – 6.30 pm when the out of hours team takes over. There are no out of hours or weekend duties associated with this role.
If you are looking for flexible/part-time work we would love to hear from you too!
The salary for this role is up to £60,000 depending on experience.
The Veterinary Clinic is based in Great Barr, Birmingham, we are just a short drive into the city centre or out to the surrounding countryside, making this the perfect spot no matter what your interests are! Birmingham is the youngest city in Europe with 40% of the population under 25, the city has lifted its own game by growing around this new generation!
With more Michelin restaurants than any other city in the UK apart from London and a thriving music scene, multicultural Brum really is the place to be. And did we tell you there are more miles of canals than in Venice? Our close-knit group of PSS accredited clinics have been established both independently and as part of our larger group for well over 30 years and many staff are still with us. Due to being well-established, we have excellent relationships with other clinical groups in the area. We pride ourselves on being able to deliver a high standard of care, to help us do that we have excellent facilities including a fully computerised practice, digital x-ray, ultrasound, dentistry, Idexx Catalyst & Laser Cyte/Epoc laboratory and hospitalisation facilities.
About the Team and Culture
By far the best part of our practice is our team, we have 1 vet who is supported by 4 fantastic support team members including an experienced branch lead, allowing you to concentrate on being a Vet! We strongly encourage our staff to pursue any specific interests and a big part of our ethos is the belief in further learning for everyone, and we have opportunities to progress into management if this is of interest. As a team, we hold monthly vet meetings, a WhatsApp clinical discussion group and colleagues are only ever a phone call away.
MRCVS. Our ideal candidate is a confident vet who has previous experience ideally in a similar small animal practice setting. You will have the ability to work in sole charge, alongside our support team and be able to perform imaging tests, laboratory tests and surgery, prescribe medicines and diagnose illness. You will believe in our culture of providing the best service to our clients and have animal care at the heart of everything you do.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH5851 when you apply.
To submit your application, click the apply button.