We are seeking a Veterinary Surgeon to join our recently refurbished and modernised Leicester Road branch, in Hinckley.
Joining our professional, personable team in our Hinckley Leicester Road practice, you’ll deliver exceptional care by going beyond consulting to listening and empathising, putting patients and clients first, always.
As a qualified MRCVS, you’ll already have good experience gained in small animal practice. You’ll be competent in clinical examination and surgery and confident working in sole charge or as part of the wider team. Sharing our values of being trustworthy, caring, and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively, building trusting relationships with your colleagues, and harnessing our one-team culture. You will also display good communication skills and the desire to share your knowledge and skills by being an outstanding, positive example to others.
Salary & Benefits:
- - Up to £66,469 per annum full-time salary package depending on experience, to include:
- - Competitive salary depending on experience
- - Accommodation allowance
- - Vehicle or vehicle allowance per annum
- - CPD allowance £1,500 with 3 days CPD leave per annum
- - VDS, RCVS, BVA fees paid
- - 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays per annum
- - 4 day week plus 1 in 3 half weekends
- - 4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after every 5 years of service)
- - Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- - Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- - Access to a wide range of discounts for days out, high street, and holidays.
- - 100% attendance bonus schemes
- - 1 day 'Pet'ernity Leave
We offer excellent long-term prospects for the right candidate, with advancement in skills and specialism actively encouraged, plus support with full certificate funding!
Please note the part-time and flexible working requirements will also be considered to suit your individual needs.
We also offer relocation allowances should you move more than 50 miles from your current home address.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
Skills and experience:
- - You must be a Veterinary Surgeon who is registered with the RCVS
- - Applicants ideally should have at least 2 years of experience in small animal practice and are required to be confident and comfortable with all routine surgical procedures
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Vet to join our team and work alongside our experienced Lead Veterinary Surgeon. Geraldine has worked at the practice for 25 years since qualifying from Bristol University, holds a Certificate in Small Animal Medicine, and performs most of the practice’s ultrasonography, she also holds a special interest in endoscopy.
This well-equipped three vet branch has digital radiography, dental radiography, multiparameter anaesthetic monitors, endoscopy and bronchoscopy, ultrasound, tonometry, a well-equipped in-house lab, and piped oxygen among other facilities.
In 2017 the practice became an ISFM accredited Cat-Friendly Clinic and provides a separate cat waiting area as well as separate cat and dog wards, plus an isolation facility.
Hinckley is a pleasant market town surrounded by beautiful countryside in southwest Leicestershire. The town is situated midpoint between the bustling cities of Leicester and Coventry with fantastic commuter routes onto the major motorway networks. Birmingham Airport is conveniently located just 40 minutes away from the practice. Hinckley Town Centre offers an excellent variety of shops, independent cafes, restaurants, bars, and nightlife.