Here at frank. Pet Surgeons. we are looking for a Surgical Intern. The role of the Surgical Intern is:
- To always provide veterinary care according to their abilities
- To work under the supervision of the Surgeons to develop their surgical skills
- To work collaboratively and constructively with the nursing team to provide constant care to the patients
- Empathy and understanding in their communication with pet owners and referring vets
- Providing care for the patients
- Working on a four-week rolling rota alongside the other Surgical Interns. The rota is made up of 3 weeks of day shifts and 1 week of on call. Day shift weeks are Monday-Friday 8am-7pm. Two of the weeks have a surgical focus, the other has a consult one. The OC week is Monday-Sunday 7.30pm-7.30am (from home) Telephone contact and potential hospital attendance during these hours as and when required. The OC week also includes hospital attendance on the Saturday and Sunday.
The salary will be up to £31,800.
It is our mission to make specialist surgical care more accessible. Our specialist surgical teams are up to date with the latest surgical techniques, and routinely carry out highly complex surgeries, enabling us to confidently take on the most challenging cases. Everything we do is backed up by a unique Surgical Complications Guarantee that covers any complications arising from surgery within 6 months of the procedure.
Frank. Pet Surgeons. is located on the Orbital Industry Park, just off junction 4 of the M621 and 1.3 miles from Leeds train station
We have 2 Specialist Surgeons, 1 Residency trained Surgeon and 1 Certificate holder, 4 Surgical Intern positions, 12 Registered Veterinary Nurses, and 5 Animal Care Assistants.
- 2- 3 years qualified
- Working in small animal practice
- Ideally some experience of seeing orthopaedic cases
- Experience in the referral setting or internship is preferable but not essential
- Keen interest in surgery
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. BH5066.
To submit your application please click the apply button.