Exciting opportunity to create your perfect veterinary job!
We are seeking a passionate veterinary surgeon to help us take our practice in Barton-upon-Humber forward.
You will be working alongside an established and experienced team of both vets and nurses with a varied caseload both medical and surgical and you will be fully involved with all aspects of working up cases and their follow-up. We have a culture of encouragement and support where needed but also offer the perfect environment in which to develop areas of special interest and drive the team and practice to make a difference in our client and patient care.
We are open to all options regarding full and part-time roles including hours to suit around school pick-ups. There are no OOH duties. In addition, we allocate time within the rota for you to contact clients with results, arrange referrals, or discuss cases with colleagues over a cup of tea.
Get in contact with us to discuss your dream job!
Salary package of up to £57,369 PA, including:
- - Accommodation Allowance
- - Vehicle allowance or company vehicle
- - CPD Allowance
- - Payment of RCVS, VDS, and BVA fees
- - Relocation package of up to £2000
- - 3 days paid CPD leave per year
- - 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays per annum
- - 4 day week plus 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekend
- - Pension scheme
- - Paid sabbatical after five years’ service
- - Funded Certificate opportunities
- - Annual pay reviews
- - Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance
- - Colleague purchase scheme
- - Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- - Hapibenefits – Receive a range of discounts on your shopping, entertainment, and meals out
- - 24-hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
Medivet is growing rapidly and it is an exciting time to join us - we encourage growth and development within our roles and are truly committed to helping our Medivet family members achieve their goals.
The practice is situated in a lovely traditional market town. It has a rural feel yet is within close reach of the cities of Hull and Lincoln including various transport links for a quick trip to Europe.
We are RCVS accredited, a nurse training practice with excellent facilities. Equipment includes in-house laboratory, x-ray, dental, ultrasound, ECG, blood pressure, and multi-parameter anesthetic monitors.
We have spacious consulting rooms and a minimum 15-minute appointment time. We provide a range of services including advanced soft tissue and orthopaedic surgery to our long-standing and appreciative client base.
Most of our vets currently hold or are working towards a certificate. Tena has a certificate in emergency and critical care and is about to enroll on an internal medicine certificate, Felipe is working towards his surgery certificate and Clare has a cert AVP and is currently working towards a certificate in cardiology. Like Clare, Pete has over 20 years of experience, however, he has no desire to ever sit another exam! Our nursing team is equally enthusiastic with plans for further certification.