Due to an internal move, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Surgeon to lead our friendly team at Medivet Hyde Park.
This role has fantastic potential and lends itself to the successful candidate's area of interest, with the opportunity to influence clinical direction.
If you’re a certificate holder (or working towards one) you would also have the opportunity to take internal patient transfers from across our Central London regions.
Full-time salary package up to £67,369 per annum depending on experience to include:
- - 5 weeks' annual leave plus bank holidays
- - 4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after every 5 years of service)
- - Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- - £1,500 CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE)
- - RCVS, BVA, and VDS fees paid
- - Certificate funding
- - Vehicle allowance or company vehicle
- - Accommodation allowance
- - Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- - Access to a wide range of discounts for days out, high street, and holidays.
- - 100% attendance bonus schemes
- - 1-day' Pet'ernity Leave
We offer relocation allowances should you move more than 50 miles from your current home address.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
If desired, this role also offers the opportunity to co-own and run your practice as a Branch Partner!
Unlike joint venture partnerships, we’re redefining what it means to work together – as we and our Branch Partners both share in the costs and profit, we’re true equity partners.
- - We’re flexible about how much equity you purchase (up to 50%) and offer support in securing a loan
- - We work with you to find the right clinic for you
- - Joining Medivet will give you access to state-of-the-art equipment and specialists in our group, enabling you to remain invested in cases and practice as a large hospital – this is made possible through our unique hub and spoke model and internal case sharing
- - Our Support Centre team will help you take care of all the non-clinical aspects of running a practice – giving you the option to gain experience from them
- - You will have a dedicated Clinical Operations team supporting you as you develop so your career choices are never limited
- - You will have the freedom to practice in the way we were taught at university; our community is built on trust
- - You’ll be part of an 800 strong vet community, unlike independent practice owners
- - Your hard work, input, and leadership are reflected in your compensation
- - A true work/life balance working four-day weeks, enjoying six weeks’ holiday, and excellent maternity and paternity benefits
- - You can sell your equity at any time, retaining complete control of your career
- - You have a hand in building the best place to work in the veterinary industry
Skills and Experience
- - We require a minimum of 3 years' UK small animal practice (or UK equivalent) experience
- - It would suit someone with a client-oriented approach and excellent communication skills to continue building strong relationships with our clients
- - The successful candidate will work to a high standard both medically and surgically and have the drive and eagerness to help develop this practice further
Medivet Hyde Park is a lovely clinic, located in the luxury retail quarter of Connaught Village, right on Hyde Park's doorstep and only a short walk to Oxford Street.
It is a 2-vet practice with minimal sole charge, working alongside our second vet, Laura. Laura has an interest in Imaging so does many ultrasounds for the clinic.
The caseload is varied from lump removals, exploratory laparotomies, abdominal ultrasounds, dental and x-rays.
We have a great nursing team made up of our HVN, RVN, SVN, and Receptionist. The team is friendly and like to get together occasionally outside of work at the pub down the street.
There are 2 consults, a very nice theatre with orthopaedic kit. It also has a gorgeous boutique and dog-groomers onsite.
Medivet Hyde Park feeds into our Kensington 24-Hour Hospital where our devoted night team manage all out of hour care. We also have a dedicated Ambulance Driver to transport patients within the region.