Fantastic work-life balance with our independent and supportive practice
- We are a 3-vet happily independent, small animal practice based in Southminster, Essex, only 10 minutes from the pretty coastal town of Burnham -on -Crouch but only just over an hour from Central London by train.
- We have grown rapidly since we started in 2009, when Lindsey decided to open her own practice and do things a little differently than her previous roles. We now have three Vets (and may expand to 4), 2 experienced RVNs’, 2 SVNs’, 3 receptionists and 3 Animal Care Assistants. We all look after each other, work hard but have a giggle at the same time!
- We are passionate about our patients, for example all our euthanasia’s are sedated first, and we would love someone to join the team who feels the same way about veterinary practice as we do.
- We have a great work-life balance. All our vets work a 4-day week, the same day off each week, only 1:3 Saturday’s mornings plus a long weekend every 3 weeks in addition to your regular day off.
- We also have amazing holidays, over 6 weeks annual leave even when you first start with us.
- We finish consulting at 6pm, so we have time built in to deal with any emergencies at the end of the day, AND we actually have proper lunch breaks!!
- We are able to support new graduates, and fully fund the Grad-to-Vet scheme to support you during your first year. Lindsey our main vet is also completing the VetGDP advisor training. We have the flexibility in the diary to support you during surgery and won’t let you fly solo until you’re fully ready.
- We do look after our own non- critical inpatients one evening a week and 1:3 weekends, but all critical cases and new emergencies are covered by our local Vets Now surgery.
- We have great kit, including laparoscopy, sevoflurane for all ops, ultrasound and bronchoscopy.
- We see a huge variety of cases and your career will develop rapidly with us. We have more than enough interesting cases to support a medical, surgical, ophthalmology or imaging certificate. We would love someone to really fly with the ultrasound and are happy to support CPD.
- We would be able to support someone relatively new to the profession if they share our passion for animal care and are a great communicator. Perhaps your first role hasn’t given you the support you need, and we really can support and develop your career.
- We have a proven track record for looking after our new grads well.
- Equally we would be happy to chat to you if you are looking to settle down or perhaps you have a specialism you want to develop. We could potentially take on a full-time and a part-time vet too.
- Salary ranges from £35,000 for a new grad up to £70,000 for an experienced colleague.
- Grad to vet programme for new grads
- Annual leave is calculated in days, you work a 4-day week and receive 25 days holiday, so you have over 6 weeks annual leave when you first start with us, and your entitlement increases further with long service to over 7 weeks holiday.
- RCVS and VDS fees paid, as well as other subscriptions if appropriate.
- CPD £1500 and 5 days, we would also be happy to support a certificate.
If you would like to discuss the role further, please do hesitate to pick up the phone for an informal chat or if you’d like to apply, please apply to CV@vettimes.co.uk or press the apply button now.