Lead ECC Veterinary Surgeon (Twilight)
Salary: Up to £70,000 (Dependent upon experience)
Job Type: Full-time
Work schedule : 7 twilight shifts followed by 7 days off and 5 days on days
Location: Morley, Leeds
We are delighted to be recruiting for a Lead Vet Surgeon to support our busy emergency service. This is an amazing opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon looking to take a step into a leadership role or for an experienced Lead Vet to join a fantastic team.
Abbey House was founded in 1977 and has grown rapidly over the years. Abbey House Vets today is a large, busy first opinion and middle tier referral practice in West Yorkshire with four branch sites. We are passionate about quality, clinical excellence and patient and client care. We are also proud of our commitment to sustainability and hold our iiE Bronze (Investors in the Environment)
Our fantastic 24/7 Tier 3 Hospital is supported by four branch clinics and has excellent equipment with CT, visiting MRI, 4 theatres, onsite lab, rigid/flexible endoscopy including laparoscopy, ICU, plus lots more! Two of the four branch clinics have operating facilities. Our branch clinics at Kippax and Batley perform neutering and routine surgical procedures along with imaging and laboratory tests.
The key parts of the Lead Vet role would be:
- Clinical leadership - following best practice, supervising and assisting more junior vets, setting the standards, identifying any issues, working with other lead vets to drive in house CPD programme, arranging CPD meetings, M&M rounds and clinical governance (VetSafe)
- General leadership - dealing with on the day issues, client complaints, working well with nursing and reception teams
- Line management - supporting a team (approx 4-6 vets), doing PDRs, inductions and helping with issues/problems etc as needed
- Senior leadership - participating when needed in strategic planning, setting budgets and succession planning and attending weekly SLT meetings and 4 weekly 'Exec' meetings
- Operations - identifying areas that hinder workflow or could be done better, bringing forward ideas
The right candidate for the Lead roles will be experienced Vet Surgeons who enjoy mentoring and supporting their team and are comfortable with all first opinion duties.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary up to £70,000 a year depending on experience plus bonus scheme
- Generous CPD allowance and 4 days each year to attend events
- Linnaeus CPD Programme (including certificate holder level and leadership CPD)
- 6.6 weeks holiday per year & birthday leave day
- Employee Discounts
- Specsavers Free Eye Test (and voucher for glasses for VDU use if applicable)
- Cycle2Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme with BUPA
- RCVS Fee Paid
- VDS cover
To avoid missing out on these fantastic opportunities, submit your application click the apply button.