Ardene House in Aberdeen is looking for an Equine Clinical Director to join their team to help grow the equine department. The role involves day to day clinical and management responsibilities. The client base is predominantly competition horses, children’s ponies, companion, retired horses and donkeys and the predominant area of clinical work includes medicine, orthopaedics, equine fertility work, dentistry, surgery, and equine critical care. Ardene House does boast full surgical and hospitalisation facilities.
The management responsibilities will include
• Managing the current and new business equine accounts
• Being the strategic lead within the department
• Assess and identify greater efficiency of diary management, vehicle management, visitor management
• Identify niche areas for potential development
• Liaise and work on client relations, client events, building client events etc
Ardene House is a very active member within the IVC Evidensia group which boasts an active equine clinical board, an equine strategy group tasked with developing our direction for the next 3 years. We have the only European equine hospital group (16 equine hospitals) set up to share ideas and knowledge across all levels of expertise. There are also 2 equine group vet advisors who actively support and work alongside our equine practices.
Working 40 hours per week
1:4 weekday rota
1:7 weekend rota on call
Up to £80,000 negotiable D.O.E
Ardene House is the only RCVS accredited Small Animal Veterinary Hospital in Aberdeen. Originally being largely an equine practice dealing with working horses, we have grown into a practice which is concerned with the wellbeing of farm animals, leisure and sports horses, small domestic animals, bird, and reptiles.
The practice is located in its own grounds on the outskirts of Aberdeen. We have purpose-built facilities, including stabling, radiography/treatment room, an outdoor arena, hard lunging areas, and an operating theatre with knockdown box. We have up to date equipment, including gastroscopes, digital x-ray, ultrasound (Logic-e), surgical diode laser, therapeutic laser, endoscopes, arthroscopy equipment, Equinosis lameness locator, shockwave machine, advanced dental equipment, weigh scales and an in-house lab.
We have 7 equine vets 4 equine nurses, 3 specific large animal, receptionists, and support staff for admin.
Must be RCVS registered and have experience as an equine vet. Some experience with managing a team would be advantageous however we can consider an experienced equine vet looking for their first management role. Must have full UK driving licence as company vehicle provided.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
• Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
• CPD paid days and allowance
• L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Company bonus scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• BVA Membership paid
• VDS cover
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Service-related company sick pay
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH5830.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.