Yoredale Vets - 2022 New Graduate Programme - Small Animal Vet Below is some feedback from one of of our Vets: "I have absolutely loved working at Yoredale vets for the past 2 years. When I accepted the role I was a vet in South Africa and CVS were extremely helpful and efficient in organising and sponsoring my Visa. I started working at Yoredale Vets in February 2020 just before Covid-19 fully kicked-off and the world went into lockdown. Little did I know just how much I would need to rely on the team for sanity and support during such an uncertain time being so far from home. There is a relaxed and friendly atmosphere in both branches and there always seems to be something to laugh about. Through laughter and tears I have grown very close to my colleagues here and now consider them family. Jonathan (Clinical Director) is a very patient and understanding mentor that allows me to practice without “micromanagement”, but is always available to discuss cases when I need help or a second opinion. Sarah (practice manager) is an excellent manager who is both efficient and empathetic. She is always kind and easy to approach should you have a problem. It always feels like both Sarah and Jonathan are on your side whether you have made a mistake or are dealing with a difficult case/client. CVS has been a very good company to work for and offer good benefits and great support clinically and academically. Through CVS you have access to online recourses, advanced practitioners and specialists who can help guide you through the difficult cases you may see. CPD courses and Certificate studies are also supported and encouraged. I, myself, have started with a certificate in small animal surgery which is very kindly being sponsored by CVS. Overall I cannot recommend Yoredale Vets enough!"
Exciting opportunity for a new Graduate Vet to join our our caring, friendly, supportive team at Yoredale Vets, close to Yorkshire Dales.
We have the usual equipment including digital x-rays, in-house laboratories, ultrasound and more. Experienced vets and recent graduates welcome to apply. Our experienced staff have always provided a welcoming and supportive environment in which to work.
The Dales are ideally situated with excellent transport links, and access to other areas of interest such as the Lakes making it a fabulous location for outdoor enthusiasts, or those just wanting a great quality of life.
As well as enjoying our modern facilities, well equipped practice and a busy varied caseload, you will have access to a range of benefits and our tailor made New Graduate programme offering you the right support network in practice by ensuring you have an experienced clinical mentor working alongside you in your practice. In addition, you will attend dedicated Continued Professional Development (CPD) days, supporting the development of your clinical skills and non-clinical skills, including self-leadership, teamwork, wellbeing, resilience and business, whilst also providing the opportunity for you to share experiences with fellow graduates. These are just some of the benefits of the programme:
This is what to do now - To make an informal enquiry please text Rebecca (Recruitment) on 07970 818104 or to apply straight away, please click Apply Now and upload your CV through our online portal where someone will contact you to help you with your application.
- 3 paid weeks for summer camp before starting in practice - we will be running residential weeks in the North and South of the UK in both August and September 2022. We will endeavour to try to ensure your in-practice week will take place at a CVS practice that is closest to your geographic/home practice location. All travel, accommodation and subsistence costs associated with both weeks will be covered by CVS
- Salary of £32,000 which increases at the end of year 1 and at the end of year 2
- No financial tie-in beyond completion of the programme.
- Professional memberships (RCVS & VDS).
- Up to 7 weeks annual leave plus Bank Holidays (or equivalent) with our Buy/Sell holiday scheme - allowing you to purchase an additional two weeks of annual leave
- Receive an extra days leave each year in your first 5 years at CVS
- 10 CPD days a year covering both clinical and non-clinical skills and tailored to your clinical role.
- A committed and trained clinical buddy working alongside you in practice, with regular meetings to support your transition from student to qualified vet.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Discounted pet treatments.
- Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 365 days a year helpline to support you and your immediate family when you need it the most.
- Discounted UK gym membership with Gym Flex.
- Performance bonus scheme.
- Opportunity to enrol onto the country's first Advanced Clinical Practitioner (Veterinary) degree programme in conjunction with Nottingham Vet School - providing you with both a masters qualification and certAVP
- Internal transfers - with a network of over 500 practices we can support you should you need to relocate
- Recommend a Friend - Financial bonus up to £3000!