Your Vets Rayleigh, Essex - 2022 New Graduate Programme - Small Animal Vet
We are looking for an enthusiastic, caring New Graduate Small Animal Vet to join our team at YourVets24 Rayleigh.
We are a busy, single site 24hr hospital, where you are encouraged to work up your own cases, and to build client and patient relationships by providing excellent levels of care and communication. You would be joining a friendly, supportive and experienced 8 Vet team with a variety of experience, including cert. holders. The practice also has a fantastic and experienced nursing team with brilliant support staff. We are greatly equipped with separate surgical areas,ortho suites, bereavement suite, ultrasound machine, digital xray, Dental xray and much more. We also pride ourselves on being an accredited Gold Cat Friendly Clinic (ISFM)
This is a full time position of 40 hours including 1:4 weekends. There are no OOH required for this role, as we have a separate OOH team who cover local practices in the area, as well as charity emergency cover.
As well as enjoying our modern facilities, well equipped practice and a busy varied caseload, you will have access to a range of benefits and our tailor made New Graduate programme offering you the right support network in practice by ensuring you have an experienced clinical mentor working alongside you in your practice. In addition, you will attend dedicated Continued Professional Development (CPD) days, supporting the development of your clinical skills and non-clinical skills, including self-leadership, teamwork, wellbeing, resilience and business, whilst also providing the opportunity for you to share experiences with fellow graduates. These are just some of the benefits of the programme:
This is what to do now - To make an informal enquiry please text Rebecca (Recruitment) on 07970 818104 or to apply straight away, please click Apply Now and upload your CV through our online portal where someone will contact you to help you with your application.
- 3 paid weeks for summer camp before starting in practice - we will be running residential weeks in the North and South of the UK in both August and September 2022. We will endeavour to try to ensure your in-practice week will take place at a CVS practice that is closest to your geographic/home practice location. All travel, accommodation and subsistence costs associated with both weeks will be covered by CVS
- Salary of £32,000 which increases at the end of year 1 and at the end of year 2
- No financial tie-in beyond completion of the programme.
- Professional memberships (RCVS & VDS).
- Up to 7 weeks annual leave plus Bank Holidays (or equivalent) with our Buy/Sell holiday scheme - allowing you to purchase an additional two weeks of annual leave
- Receive an extra days leave each year in your first 5 years at CVS
- 10 CPD days a year covering both clinical and non-clinical skills and tailored to your clinical role.
- A committed and trained clinical buddy working alongside you in practice, with regular meetings to support your transition from student to qualified vet.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Discounted pet treatments.
- Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 365 days a year helpline to support you and your immediate family when you need it the most.
- Discounted UK gym membership with Gym Flex.
- Performance bonus scheme.
- Opportunity to enrol onto the country's first Advanced Clinical Practitioner (Veterinary) degree programme in conjunction with Nottingham Vet School - providing you with both a masters qualification and certAVP
- Internal transfers - with a network of over 500 practices we can support you should you need to relocate
- Recommend a Friend - Financial bonus up to £3000!