Mixed Veterinary Surgeon – Full or Part Time
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Starting salary £35k for New Graduates
• Mixed role 85% Small/ 10% Equine/ 5% Farm.
• Starting salary from £35,000
• Accommodation and company car provided or allowances
• Annual salary review and bonus related earnings
Exciting opportunity to work for an independent, family run group in North East England with 9 practices around the Tyne and Wear area. The group has been established for over 100 years and boasts an excellent reputation with both customers and staff. The practice is looking to recruit a new permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join their growing team.
The practice is mixed but with a small animal bias and will include a variety of theatre work, general duties, in patient care, lab work and X-rays to name a few. You will be based at their 24hr hospital to ensure you have the exposure to a range of cases.
A supportive, encouraging work environment. The practice pride themselves on top quality, modern medicine, and surgery. Close to excellent transport links, city centre, countryside’s, and the coast.
• Full time position ideally – Will consider part time
• 1 night on call with another vet per week
• 1 in 6 full weekends on call with another vet, followed by no night on call and either a Friday or Monday off to make a long weekend.
• 1 in 3 Saturday morning (included in a full weekend)
My client is happy to consider a new graduate Vet as there is plenty of support on offer but can also accommodate an experienced Vet with medical or surgical bias and working towards or looking to a certificate. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Vet to showcase their skills or a new graduate looking to start their journey in a mixed practice.
• Company car
• Accommodation – or an allowance is offered if preferred
• 6 weeks’ holiday per year
• CPD is funded to certificate level and freedom is given to pursue areas of clinical interest, plus lots of in-house CPD.
• BUPA cover
• RCVS and VDS
• Discounted pet treatments for your pets
To hear more about this fantastic opportunity, please contact Lorna on 01904 570056 or send your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org