Surgical Veterinary Surgeon
Pets’n’Vets is a multi-site practice with branch practices across Glasgow and the surrounding area. The Roundhouse Vet Hospital is a 24hr Veterinary Hospital and the central hub of Pets’n’Vets, based on the Southside of Glasgow.
Whatever you enjoy, be it live music, museums, outdoor activities or sports, Glasgow is the most welcoming of cities and does them with style!
- Salary: £45,000 - £75,000 depending upon experience
- Location: Pets’n’Vets, Roundhouse Vet Hospital, Glasgow
- Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
- Hours: 40 hours / 4 days per week (plus weekend rota)
Your role and responsibilities
As a surgical veterinary surgeon based at the Roundhouse Veterinary Hospital you join a friendly and enthusiastic team of vets (including multiple certificate holders), who work together with a first opinion team to provide excellent veterinary care.
In your role, you will join two other surgeons in driving the Orthopedic and Soft Tissue surgical service forwards.
As one of the lead surgeons, you will have responsibility for managing a varied caseload of internally referred as well as externally referred patients and be expected to mentor other vets within the practice.
Excellent communication with colleagues and external vets is essential to this role, as is a commitment to engage with ongoing clinical audit and QI initiatives and contribute to external CPD for local practices.
You will have access to all the usual kit including digital x-ray, advanced ultrasound, a range of endoscopes, CT, full Synthes kit, TPLO, Harmonic and arthroscopy.
The ideal candidate for the role will be an experienced Veterinary Surgeon/Advanced Practitioner with an Orthopedic / Soft Tissue Certificate or a Surgeon keen to begin studying towards a certificate.
Whatever stage your surgical career is at, this role will give you the support, freedom and encouragement to allow your skills to develop and progress in your area of interest.
- 5 weeks holiday per year + birthday leave day
- Extensive CPD allowance & we are happy to support certificates.
- Admin time built into the working day
- Access to an extensive in-house library of free online courses/content, both clinical and non-clinical.
- Specsavers Free Eye Test (and voucher for glasses for VDU use if applicable)
- Cycle2Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme with Health Assured
- Life Assurance
- RCVS Fee Paid
- 1st opinion and referral hospital, excellent team ethos and lovely clients
- Pension scheme – automatic enrolment and completely hassle free
- Discount for own pets
- Up to £4,000 Relocation package may be available
- Enhanced equal family leave policy
- Enhanced sickness policy
- Gym membership discount.
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 veterinary health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
To submit your application, click the apply now button.