Registered Veterinary Nurse, Full Time
Calder Vets is a long established first opinion, small animal practice, with our central Hospital in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire. We also have 10 satellite clinics across South & West Yorkshire, including excellent support from our sister referral Hospital, Paragon Veterinary Referrals.
We’re passionate veterinary professionals who are committed to providing exceptional care. Our mission is to provide high quality healthcare and strive to make visiting the vets a positive experience for our patients and clients. Our core values are Clinical Excellence, Client Care, Patient Care, Teamwork, Development and Positivity. We are looking for like-minded team members to come and join our fantastic team.
Roles and Responsibilities
Our Penistone practice are seeking a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our team. This role would suit an experienced RVN or newly qualified nurse, ready to build on their previous experiences gained whilst studying. It is a full-time position, this is a 40hour week with some weekend work. No out-of-hours work.
This role will enable the ideal candidate to develop their nursing skills through:
- Assisting with the care of animals
- Undertaking tasks set by senior members of staff in the basic care and running of the practice including working towards ISFM Cat Friendly Clinic accreditations, RCVS PSS schemes/awards etc.
- Communicating with clients, meeting, and greeting and completing registrations
- Monitoring in-patients, providing care and appropriate diets
- Building relationships with clients through offering gold standard nursing consultations.
- Monitoring anaesthesia for patients undergoing various surgical procedures and carry out schedule 3 tasks in line with the needs of the surgical procedures list for that day.
- Assisting vets during examinations and surgeries to ensure the correct procedures are followed for the cleaning and sterilizing of instruments, equipment, and materials.
Our Dewsbury Hospital is a short distance from the A1 and M62, easily accessible from outside of the local area. We have excellent facilities including on site CT, dental suite, digital x-ray and dental x-ray, ultrasound, in-house lab, endoscopy, excellent anaesthetic monitoring equipment including multiparameter monitors, separate wards for surgical, medical, isolation, cats, exotics and outpatients.
Our ideal candidate will offer the highest standards of clinical and client care, empathy and be willing to provide valuable peer support to our student veterinary nurses and patient care assistants.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and Birthday off
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- Employee Assistance Programme
- CPD allowance plus access to large bank of Linnaeus CPD
- Progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Generous parental leave and sickness policies
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Recruitment reward scheme
- Gym membership discount
- Flu vaccine voucher
Part of an amazing global family
The future of the veterinary world is at the heart of everything we do. We are all individual but two important things bring us together: a commitment to excellence and our passion to make A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS.
Linnaeus is owned by Mars, that makes us part of their 70,000 veterinary health Associates who spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. Being part of this amazing global group gives us the benefit of a huge network of experts and specialists, a future we can invest in and the security that allows us to concentrate on what we do best – caring for pets.
Our Associates are fundamental to our success, and we are proud to count some of the finest specialists, veterinary surgeons and nurses in the UK among our team.
Being part of the Mars family of businesses provides huge development opportunities across the group for our Associates.
To submit your application, click the apply button.