Medivet Hull The Avenues is a small city-based practice in Hull; part of the Medivet family since December 2021, we are looking to welcome an additional veterinary nurse into our fun, down-to-earth team.
This is a great opportunity for the right person to thrive in an easy-going, supportive environment; working with an experienced veterinary surgeon and as part of a small local clinic, whilst enjoying the backup of the Medivet group.
This is a permanent part-time role working a minimum of 30 hours but full-time hours can also be offered. Weekends are either 1:3 half or 1:6 full.
The salary package of up to £30,000 PA pro-rata, Including:
- - CPD allowance
- - Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVNA fees
- - Relocation package of up to £2000
- - 2 days paid CPD to leave
- - RCVS and VDS fees paid
- - Pension Scheme
- - Access to a large amount of in-house CPD, including a head nurse training scheme
- - 25 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays
- - Ongoing training and fantastic career progression opportunities
- - 24-hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
- - Hapibenefits - Exclusive retail, days out, and holiday discounts available
- - Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- - Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance
Medivet is growing rapidly and it is an exciting time to join us - we encourage growth and development within our roles and are truly committed to helping our Medivet family members achieve their goals.
You will be helping a well-established team in general duties such as assisting veterinary surgeons with their medical and surgical duties including monitoring of anaesthesia, assistance with the handling of patients, nurse consultations, and overall responsibility for nursing of in-patients under the direction of the veterinary surgeon, client care on all aspects of the work at the branch.
If you have a particular interest we are also happy to discuss to see how we can help to support your growth and development.
The branch has two consult rooms, prep room, theatre, x-ray, and dental rooms and routinely caries out orthopaedic and endodontic work, as well as providing the local community with more day-to-day services. You would be working with an experienced vet, RVN, two SVNs, two Patient Care Assistants, and a receptionist.
Hull is a thriving port city in Lincolnshire in East Yorkshire and was named the UK’s Captial of Culture in 2017. It is the home of white telephone boxes, many museums, and such tourist attractions as The Deep Aquarium. It is also only a 10-minute drive to the Humber Bridge a 1.4-mile suspension bridge spanning the Humber Estuary.